Chapter 12 Escape Part 1

Rosalyn's POV:

The creepy-looking man with an eagle mask (like what kind of kidnapper uses a freaking eagle mask) locked me in a room and for some reason calls me little, like I know I am short, but him saying that every 2 seconds is really getting on my nerves.

I started to try to get some ideas of how to get out of the room. The next morning, I realized I could pick the door lock with a bobby pin, but I did not know if I had any, so I checked everywhere (even on my head).

Thank goodness, I have a bobby pin, without it, I would not be able to have picked this stupid lock. Yet after trying, who knows how long the door will stay locked.

Why does it not open? It always works in the movies, so why not in real life.

The sudden opening of the door knocks me to the ground. "What is wrong with you girl?

Trying to escape is not so easy little Rose, so I suggest next time stand away from the door, so you stay safe."

"Right and I guess I am the safest person alive in your presence."

"Stop being sarcastic and shut your little mouth."

What is up with this man and the word little, first he calls me little Rose and now he says my lips are little. Gosh, this man is so infuriating.

"I am here for things that are more important."

"All right old man, speak."

"Old man? What is it with you and calling me different names?" He said in defence like a whining girl.

*Me calling you different names? More like what is up with you and calling me little?* I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut and said something else.

"Maybe that's because I do not know your name. Moreover, I do not want to know who you are, even if I know your name; do not expect me to call you by it."

"You have a lot of attitude, nothing I cannot fix."

"What do you by mean fix?"

"That is nothing for you to worry about, now give me your hand child."

"No, what are you going to do?"

"Do not make me angry little one, or you will not like the consequences."

Suddenly the masked man eyes turned red and that is enough for me to stretch my hand out.

"Good little Rose, now be still, I am going to extract your blood."

"WHAT!" Before I could take my hands back, he grabs my hands and drains my blood from my veins.

"Are-are you going to drain all of my blood?"

"What else am I going to do? Of course I am going to drain your blood, so that you die slowly and painfully and most of all; I get a lunch so satisfying it will make me more powerful than ever before!"

No, I cannot die. I have to take my hands back. I try as much as I can to take his hands of my outstretched hand, but he is so strong, so that is useless.

For what feels like hours, he takes the needle out, takes the blood bag with him, and heads towards the door.

"I will be back tomorrow, be ready little one, your death is coming soon."

Exhausted to argue, I dropped to the floor. I felt so weak, how can extracting blood only once make me feel so exhausted and tired. Suddenly, my eyes close on their own.

I wake the next morning to freshly made pancakes on the floor next to me.

Who made me pancakes and how long have I slept for?