Chapter 3 Cupcakes

Rosalyn's POV:

The noise of my alarm clock woke me up from my slumber, as my well-rested eyes landed on the silver contraption. 10:00am it read.

I jumped out of bed, had a shower and got dressed for the day. I decided to go for a baby-blue jumper, black jeans and my black converses.

After, I brushed my teeth and put on some light make-up, I rushed downstairs, my stomach rumbling with hunger.

My mum greets me with chocolate spread on toast. I smiled in appreciation. "Hey mum, I'm going shopping with a friend now, is that okay?"

"Of course darling, just be back before dinner."

"Thanks mum!"

She turned back, and my eyes focused on her. Her strawberry-blonde hair was identical to mine, her skin was so flawless that everyone mistook her for my sister, rather than my thirty-year-old mother.

Her five-foot six figure made me pout with underlying jealousy because I was shorter, standing at five-foot four. I pushed my blonde hair that rested on my Caucasian skin.

I picked up my phone, which showed me I received a text from my friend Sophie. "Okay mum, I'm going to head out now."

"Have fun sweetheart!" she replied.

Sophie and I decided that I would pick her up from her house. I sent her a short text, letting her know I arrived. She appeared after ten minutes. "Hey, sorry I'm so late."

"It's alright, let's just get going."

Sophie nods her head and puts her seat belt on. Twenty minutes later, we arrived at Westfield.

We agreed to enter a shop called Primark first, where there were the cutest tops ever.

"Wow! I'm so buying this!" I exclaimed, holding up the stylish top. Sophie nods in agreement. We leave the store, each carrying two bags filled with tops, trousers and jackets.

We quickly pop into a jewellery shop where I purchase some cute earrings and bracelets.

I went to buy some toiletries, while Sophie goes to buy some food at the diner. Spotting her at a table, I walked over to her, and thanked her for the delicious food she bought me.

Deciding that we were finished for the day, I dropped Sophie at her house and drove back to mine.

As I park in the driveway, I notice a familiar car in front of the house, but I pay no heed to it as I take my clothes out of the boot of my car.

I opened the door and entered the house. I could hear the murmur of people talking in the kitchen. I walked over to see my family talking to Blake. What was he doing here?

"Hi everyone, what are you all talking about?" I said whilst taking a green apple from the fruit bowl and taking a large bite into it. They all stopped talking and faced me. Blake is the first to talk.

"Hi, your family was just asking me a few questions." Blake responded.

"Yeah, and you interrupted!" Em exclaims.

"Shut up Em!" I grumbled in annoyance.
"Leave Blake alone everyone," I said.
I turn back to my family, they were muttering a few greetings to the familiar faces.

Reaching into the fridge, I took out a bottle of water and started to head upstairs to my room.

I heard a faint voice. "Hey, wait up!"  which sounded a lot like Blake. I turned to the corner and waited with my feet on the first step of the staircase.