Chapter 89 - Bill and Fleur's Wedding

I woke later than usual the following morning for Ron, Hermione, Harry and I had stayed up to discuss the things Dumbledore had left us. I could hear people talking in the kitchen below and more outside in the garden. Rows of golden chairs had been placed on either side of a long purple carpet beneath the marquee, and golden balloons had been hung on the poles. It was already midday when I went down into the kitchen to find Harry sitting on his own.

"Hey," I said.

He lifted his head and stared at me intently for a moment. I followed his gaze and looked down. I had already changed into a lilac dress and matching heels. When I looked back up to Harry there was a softness in his eyes.

"You look beautiful," he said with a small smile as he stood.

"You're not so bad yourself," I said with a smile of my own as I took in how handsome he looked in his dress robes.

He gently grabbed my hands before caressing my arms and gazed into my eyes. I realized then that we had not been alone for this long since we had said we loved each other at Privet Drive.

"We didn't get to finish yesterday," he said.

I stared at him, unsure, but then I laughed quietly once I understood what he meant.

He cupped my face with his hands and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said, barely above a whisper before his lips caressed mine.

One of his hands slid down to my waist while the other was tangled in my hair. I deepened the kiss and felt him smile as he pushed me gently against the wall. In a moment the kiss became rough and passionate. My fingers dug into his chest as I felt a warmness spread through me again. I pulled him even closer to me and clung to him as our tongues danced together. But then I heard someone come into the kitchen. Harry pulled away and I saw a longing in his eyes as he stared at me, which made me frown. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Fred entered the kitchen.

"Now, Harry," she said as she showed him a vial full of Polyjuice Potion. "Take this."

Harry took the vial and stared at it.

"I stole a few hairs off a Muggle boy from the village," Fred said.

Harry nodded before drinking the entirety of the potion in one gulp. His face began to bubble and a moment later he was transformed into a slightly larger redheaded boy.

"We'll introduce you as 'Cousin Barny'," Mr. Weasley said. "Let's just trust that you'll be camouflaged by the great number of Weasleys coming to the wedding!"

The three of them went back into the garden, leaving Harry and me alone once more.

"Hello, Barny," I said with a giggle.

"Shut up," he said, but I saw him smirking. "I should get going. I have to show people to their seats, remember?"

"Right, I'll catch up with you in a moment."

He walked outside into the garden, leaving me alone in the kitchen. I saw Ron's Aunt Muriel go up to see the bride and a few moments later Hermione was walking down the stairs.

"That Aunt Muriel is not very pleasant, is she?" Hermione said as we walked outside and across the marquee. I laughed in response.

"Wow," I heard Ron say as he saw us walking toward him and Harry. "You look great!" He told Hermione.

"Always the tone of surprise," she said with a smile. "Your Great-Aunt Muriel doesn't agree, I just met her upstairs while she was giving Fleur the tiara. She said, 'Oh dear, is this the Muggle-born?' and then, 'Bad posture and skinny ankles.'"