Chapter 40 | Sharing is Caring

The next day I woke up with Sebastian staring at me while he still had his arms around me. I smiled at him as I closed my eyes again.
'What time is it?' I asked as a yawn was coming up at the same time. I opened my eyes again and looked up at Sebastian who was giving me a smile.
'It's only seven. We could try and sleep some more if you want,' he said softly as he put his lips against my forehead.
'How long have you been awake?' I asked him as I enjoyed his warmth against my skin.
'A few hours, but that's the jetlag still.' he said against my forehead. I cuddled myself more against him and buried my face in his neck. I felt his hand going through my hair, which made me feel sleepy again and eventually I fell asleep again.

The next time I woke up with the space next to me empty. I let out a big yawn and tried to let my eyes get used to the light that was shining through my curtains. I slowly stood up from my bed and put on my slippers before walking downstairs. I found Sebastian standing in the kitchen sharing some tuna with my cat who was standing next to him on the kitchen counter. He normally wasn't allowed to be on there, but I liked this picture.
'Hey, morning.' Sebastian smiled as he gave the last bit of tuna to Mr Picatso.
'Morning,' I laughed as I kissed his cheek. He immediately took me into his arms and pulled me closer to him so that he could kiss me.
'Did you sleep well?' he asked. I nodded and smiled.
'Yeah. Did you even sleep at all?' I asked back looking slightly up to him.
'I slept wonderful next to you, don't worry.' Seb grinned, pulling me tighter to him. We had breakfast together and spend most of the day inside watching television as it was pouring rain outside.
'I was thinking right..' Seb suddenly started. I was lying on the couch with my head on his lap as he was going through my hair with his hands. It had almost made me fall asleep again as his rhythm made me relax. 'What if you went to the next race with me? It's in Japan and you can do so many cool stuff there apart from the race.' I looked away from the television and instead looked up at him. 'What do you think?'
'I would love to Seb. But I don't know if I should.' I said doubtfully.
'Why not? You'd stay with me, I'll pay for everything.' Sebastian explained although that was mostly one of the bigger problems why I wouldn't want to go.
'But I don't want you to pay for everything.' I sighed, looking back at the television because I didn't want to look at Sebastian again.
'Is it still because of that Troye guy? Maya listen,' he put his hands on either side of my head, forcing me softly to look back at him. 'I'm asking you to support me at my next race as a guest, as my girlfriend. I want to pay for everything if it means you can come to Japan with me. You shouldn't listen to that guy. Because he's wrong. There's nothing wrong with asking people or just letting people help you out from time to time. You helped out Maureen. Why wouldn't you let others help you?' While he was explaining himself I had slowly sat up straight and sat with my legs over each other in front of Sebastian. I guess in some way he was right. It just doesn't feel right, asking for help.
'I know I should. But it just doesn't feel right for you to just pay everything for me.' I sighed looking up to him.
'Than see it like Red Bull is paying for everything. At the end of the day that's where my paycheck is coming from,' Sebastian laughed.
'That doesn't help,' I said but couldn't help but laugh too.
'Just please don't think about it that way, okay? I've paid for my family many times. I really don't want you to think about it.'
'Okay,' I whispered to not show my uncertainty.
'Okay,' he smiled back. 'Now come back and lay back on my lap,' he grinned. I laughed and did what he asked, mostly because I was very comfortable laying like that. 

---

Sebastian and I flew to Japan early so that meant that we had Tuesday together as Sebastian would already be busy with sponsor things on Wednesday. I really had to let go of Sebastian paying for me, but he even paid for first-class on the flight, which was of course nice, but also a bit ridiculous. It was a long flight and therefore I was glad to be in the hotel room that I shared with Sebastian. It was night currently and I was glad we arrived in the evening as the flight made me very tired. Seb had slept quite a lot during the flight, but me not so much. It was my first long flight and I was just too nervous to sleep.
'You're pretending like you're tired,' Sebastian laughed as I let my body fall forward on the comfortable bed.
'I am tired,' I mumbled in the pillow. 'I maybe have slept for ten seconds on the flight,'
Sebastian sat down on the bed and I looked up to him, putting my head to the side.
'I'm pretty sure I have seen you sleep for more than ten seconds,' Sebastian laughed.
'How do you know. All I've seen is you sleeping,' I said back pushing my head off the pillow, only to make sure that I didn't fall asleep right at that moment. Sebastian let out a laugh.
'Okay. Then let's go to bed before you fall asleep with your clothes on.' Sebastian stood up from the bed and took out his hand to me. 'Come on,'
'Ugh, I'm too tired to stand up.' I sighed but couldn't help a grin as Sebastian walked half a circle to the other side of the bed. He put his arms under my waist and carried me out of bed. He carefully put me with my feet to the ground.
'Now, do I also need to help you get rid of your clothes, because I wouldn't mind to,' Sebastian grinned as he still had his arms around me.
'Mmh, no I think you can go get your shower now,' I laughed sleepily. Sebastian shook his head and kissed the side of her cheek before walking to his suitcase and taking some stuff out and walked to the bathroom. I opened my suitcase too and in no time I was back on the bed with the blanket over my body and close to my face. I closed my eyes and didn't wait for Seb to come back to fall asleep.