Chapter 22 | Apple Juice

It's been a few days after Maureen's accident. We found out about a few things, now that Maureen is slowly more and more awake and has more energy in her. We know there was a fool that was driving in full speed through red and crashed into Maureen. In the end, she was left with her arm in plaster, a concussion and a lot of physiotherapy for her right leg. The team know about the accident, but other than that they still didn't know anything about the other stuff and we decided to keep it that way for a little while. We did decide that we will never switch lives. That was something we both agreed on. But even though I was happy to be myself again, I am gonna miss seeing the F1 cars drive so close in front of you while being with a full team standing in the garage. These thoughts always seem to come in my mind as soon as I was done working and stepped in my car to go to the hospital. It kind of became like a routine. Working, thinking about Formula one and visit Maureen in the hospital while also having to deal with Daniel who seems to have enough time to visit Maureen in the hospital more than me. Today was no different. I walked into Maureen's hospital room and got greeted by Daniel and Maureen who were playing cards for some reason. 
'How was work?' Maureen asked me as she tried to get up a little bit. Daniel helped her immediately, making me smile while I sat down on a chair on the other side of Maureen's bed. 
'As usual. Pretty boring,' I told them as my eyes rolled to the window where you could see the rain fall down. 'How was your physiotherapy?' I then asked, looking back at Maureen who glanced at Daniel first before looking back at me again and answering my question.
'Pretty well.' she said with a big smile. 'I'm trying to convince Daniel to come to all my sessions since he apparently is my lucky charm.'
I laughed as I looked at Daniel who shook his head to Maureen with the same big smile as Maureen had on her face. I almost wanted to make the joke asking if they wanted me to leave to have their privacy again, but I didn't because I loved seeing Maureen so happy all of a sudden. It seemed as if Daniel had found the switch on Maureen and turned everything around. It was kind of funny because Maureen would hate it if somebody told her a boy was the reason for her happiness, but in this case, it was true. She needed someone like Daniel in her life and now she got it. 'And if everything is fine I can go home tomorrow,' Maureen announced out of nowhere. I looked at her with surprise.
'Really? That's great!' I said. She had a bright smile on her face as she nodded her head. 
'Yeah, finally. Can't wait to decide my own dinner again,' she grinned. We kept talking for a little while about different kinds of stuff until our conversation got back to what happened on Sunday. 
'What happened on Sunday anyway? I watched the race back. Didn't look any good,' Maureen said, saying the last thing to Daniel who shook his head at her while rolling his eyes in a sarcastic way. 
'We could just forget about Sunday, you know.' I said, not really wanting to tell the whole story that I already tried to forget. It was stupid when I thought back at it. 
'Hell no,' Maureen said. 'It can't be that bad,' Daniel started to laugh after Maureen's words and gave me a look. 
'It was just-' I was trying to form a sentence, but before I could really say anything, Daniel just said all of it for me.
'She had sex with Sebastian without him knowing it was Maya,' Daniel said with an amused big smile on his face. Maureen's eyes slowly got bigger and bigger as she realised what Daniel had just said. My whole face became red as I tried to ignore the looks that the two gave me. They were both different though. Daniel had the most amused look on his face, which was a totally different reaction than that he had last Sunday. Maureen was lost for words, at least that is what she looks like right now. It will be seconds before she flips. 
'He was being very rude to me after he found out!' I said, pointing to Daniel and hoping that would make the damage that I made less... bad? 
'Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know he actually didn't have sex with the girl I was supposed to go on a date with,' Daniel said with his eyebrows raised. 
'Well excuse me for not screaming it through the roofs,' I said back in a sarcastic way. 
'You had sex with Seb? As in Vettel Sebastian?' Maureen suddenly asked surprisingly calm. 
'Yeah, I already told you that, try and keep up.' Daniel grinned as he was patiently waiting for Maureen's real reaction. Maureen slapped him against his arm, as that was the only body part that she could reach. 
'I cannot wait for being back home tomorrow so that I could scream at you for doing something that stupid,' Maureen told me, again calmly. I pressed my lips together as I avoided her eyes. Yeah, I fucked up. 
'Okay, it's not that bad,' Daniel told my sister. Maureen decided to ignore Daniel.
'I guess now it makes sense why Sebastian keeps texting me.'
'What?!' Both Daniel and I said at the same time. 
'Yeah. He actually coming to visit me today, so if you wait for a bit you can explain to him yourself what the fuck happened so that I don't have to do it.' Maureen told me. My eyes got big and I was pretty sure I got paler than I already was. All I wanted to do was disappear out of my body after Maureen's words. I can't tell Sebastian, at least not now. 
'I can't do that,' I told my sister while I shook my head. I stood up from my chair and looked at the couple that were sharing a look with each other. I guess you could see the panic in my eyes because I was in fact panicking. 
'Well you have to,' Maureen shrugged. I was pacing around, but stopped and pointed to the door that leads into the hallway.
'I uhm.. I think I'm gonna get something to... uhm, calm me down.' I said to the couple and walked as fast as I could out of the room. I leaned back against the wall and thought about how stupid I was to put myself in a situation like this. 
'I'll go check on her,' I heard Daniel say and not long after that he came walking out of the room. He saw me next to the door, still leaning against the wall, and as he closed the door he looked at me with a small smile. 
'Hey, you okay?' he asked, already knowing the answer. I looked up at him.
'I need something to drink,' I told him.
'Then let's get you something to drink,' he said as he put an arm around my shoulder to push me with him. 'How does apple juice sound to you?' he asked with a grin on his face.
'Pour something strong in it and I will drink it,' I told him in my mumble voice. 'Because I need it,'
'You don't need it. Knowing Seb, sure he will be a bit creeped out at first, but give him some time and he will be falling in love with you as he has been doing since you've been playing as Maureen because before Austria he never took interest in Maureen.' I heard what Daniel said and I would've loved to believe that, but I just didn't believe it. It was too good to be true. Because in fact, he will think I'm a creep, he will hate me and he wants me to stay as far away from him as possible. That was what's going to happen. And you know why I know that? Because if it was the opposite and Sebastian was the twin no one seemed to know about I would've felt all the things I just said. Creeped out, hating him for not telling me something that was that big of a thing and I wanted him to stay away from me. So how could this possibly go right? I don't know. Daniel tried to keep me distracted as he was actually trying to find me some apple juice, but we both ended up with a cup of coffee. We walked back into Maureen's room, but both stopped as we saw another person standing in the room.

---
A/N: Actually really love the relationship between Daniel & Maureen. & also want to thank you guys for the 100+ votes. Really means a lot!