The Return

-DANY-

I woke up my cheeks still stained with tears, I immediately brought his furs closer holding them tight, crying once again realizing this was actual reality and not some horrible dreams.

There was a knock on her door, and I knew it meant it was time to leave, but I wasn't sure I wanted to, I didn't want to go anywhere, I just wanted to lie down and cry.

"Come in" I say sitting up and wiping her tears, Jorah walks in.

"We are leaving soon your grace, anything I can do?" he asks crossing his hands in front of him.

"I am going up the wall one last time, could you come with me?" I ask looking into my old bears eyes.

"Sure, I will see you soon" he nods at me and walks out.

I sigh and climb out of bed, I put on my previous fur dress as I have no other clothes, I grab Jon's furs and wrap them tightly around my shoulders.

I walk out to see Jorah waiting there for me, I smile at him half heartily then walk to the lift, the man works the cog and we travel up the icy wall, I had come up here yesterday when we came back and stood there for some time. I didn't really know why I was going up again, I knew he was gone, but my heart refused to believe that.

I walked onto one of the posts and watched the tree line for anything to appear.

After at least an hour Jorah walks up beside me

"We have to go your grace" he says quietly not wanting to offend me.

I don't have it in me to walk away yet "A little while longer" I say not taking my eyes off the tree line.

After about half an hour, I force my heart to swallow the pain and turn around, I start walking back every step feels like my heart is being torn from my chest.

Jorah looks at me with some sympathy in his eyes, I pull Jon's furs tight around me as we walk knowing I will never get him this close ever again, it was in that moment I vow to never open up my heart again, never.

Then a horn sounds, Jorah immediately stops, I heard someone shout "Open the gates!"

I stop walking, and I feel my heart warming at the the possibility, I walk back slowly praying to any gods that it is Jon, I am trying extremely hard to not get my hopes up too high, I speed up a little and finally reach the spot I was earlier, I look down and my heart does a flip of joy. I hold back my tears at the sight.

There is a single horse coming towards the wall, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding

There is a single horse coming towards the wall, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He came back to me, he came back, he's alive.

I almost sprint back to the lift, once inside I look at Jorah

"Prepare the ship for Jon, I have a feeling he won't be in good condition" I say looking below hoping we could move faster

"Of course, your grace" he replies softly

The doors open and I don't care anymore, I sprint out to the doors and see the horse ride in, a unconscious man on his back, I run up to him and touch his shoulder, the man raises his head and looks directly at her.

She holds in a squeal looking at those eyes

"Jon" she whispers

His eyes shut and he falls off the horse, I brace myself, but his weight is too much, and I fall into the snow, I slide out from underneath and grab his cheeks.

"Get him to my ship, now!" I yell

Davos and Tormund run over and pick him up with ease, taking him to the ship.

Once on deck they look at me "Where should we put him your grace?"

"My chambers! ...um... They are the biggest!" I say quickly realising how bad that sounded

Tormund nods with a smile and I lead them to my chambers, they walk past me and put him on the bed, I stand in the doorframe unable to take my eyes off him and leave. They begin ripping off his icy clothes and I realise I definitely shouldn't be watching, but I don't care, I won't leave.

Davos is finally able to rip off his shirt to reveal his bare chest, but it wasn't just a bare chest, she could see the massive scars across his body, I then see the one on his heart and I realise Davos words were true, he took a knife in the heart for his people and he didn't tell me, talk about humble.

I stare at the horrible scars wondering how he survived and who did this to him, she would hunt down and kill the men who did this, if they weren't already dead.

Tormund walks past her with a smile, then Davos walks up to her and places his hand on her shoulder.

"He needs his rest, but he will be ok" he says with a small smile "He doesn't die easily that one"

I stay completely still as he walks away "Come on your grace, lets go eat some lunch, you need the energy"

I look back at him "I am staying" I say firmly 

He frowns but nods and turns the corner, I walk into the room and close the door behind me, I walk around to the side of the bed he's on and pull a chair to sit next to him, staring at his peaceful handsome sleeping face.

"Wake up Jon Snow, I need you"