Secret Wonders

The next two days proceeded calmly, Winterfell was buzzing with nervous and scared energy, but the men and women continued to work hard to defend their home.

Daenerys continued to be in awe of the castle and its marvelous structure. She was still growing accustomed to the cold weather and today was the coldest it had been yet, plus it was snowing.

Daenerys had never seen snow fall before. So, curiously, she approached the door and slowly, her eyes shining with glee, opened it and embraced the chilling breeze.

She stepped out into the soft layers of snow and held her hands out as she continued to walk through Winterfell's courtyard.

The snowflakes rested upon her gloved hands, she quickly took off her red gloves and reached her hands out again.

A slow drifting snowflake gently nuzzled itself into her open palm and Daenerys gazed at the tiny gift of nature.

Then more came down, it seemed like it was raining, raining natures beauty. Dany glanced up to the sky and closed her eyes, basking in the wonder and calm it offered her.

Dany felt the snowflakes rest upon her face, gently tickling her each time before fading completely. 

A snowflake landed directly on the tip of her nose and Daenerys Targaryen giggled aloud, spinning around in the snow, embracing her inner child which was full of hope and wonder, excitement and adventure.

The people of the North glanced upon the once thought murderous cold Dragon Queen, her actions deeming rumors false, her bright glee and joy spreading through the frightened men and women, the children smiling at the snow as if they didn't constantly live in it.

The Targaryen Queen reminded the Northern people that they were living in a wonder, a secret paradise and yet they never cherished its raw beauty.

Most glanced for a few moments as Dany continued to twirl and smile through the snowy climate.

Daenerys made the worried mothers, hopeful, the stoic men, compassionate, the scared children, curious and excited.

Daenerys Targaryen made a man who once thought he would never smile again, a man who had practically been through a living hell, suffered the traumas no man should suffer, laugh joyfully as he watched his sparkling Queen.

She made his once dark stone cold eyes, brighten and fill with wonder, his locked and shattered heart, prosper and regrow, all by being herself.

The man approached, the snow crunching underneath his boots with every gentle step, Dany heard his approach and opened her eyes, taking in the bright cold sky before redirecting her view to the man who held her gentle heart in his warm hands.

"Hello." She whispers as he stops his advance a step away from her, conscious of the fact people are glancing over at the two.

"My Queen." Jon says, bowing his head.

She smiles at him, wanting to feel the warmth he offers but knowing she cannot accept.

Jon looks directly into the Queen's shining purple eyes, making his blood warm.

"I really want to kiss you right now, Your Grace" Jon says softly.

Dany's smile grows on her beautiful face, making her glow ever the more.

"Then why don't you?" she teases, raising her eyebrow in challenge.

"Because my Queen, we set some rules I do not intend to break." Jon grins.

Daenerys moves half a step closer, Jon watching the movement with cautious eyes.

"What are rules, if they are not meant to be broken Jon Snow?" Her smile now reaching her eyes.