Can't Help But Loving You

Days went by, nothing really changed between Daenerys and Jon. They went on through their lives as if they were nothing but allies. But to anyone who watched close enough, they would see the sadness etched in through their blank and firm expressions, the longing gazes when the other wasn't watching.

Sometimes they would meet each other's gaze, it would last a single moment, then one would turn away.

One morning, while Missandei was doing Daenerys's braids, Daenerys suddenly broke down and started crying.

"Daenerys? Are you alright?" Missandei asked, kneeling in front of her.

Dany quickly wiped her tears and held in her sob. "Yes Missy, quite alright."

"It doesn't seem so Daenerys. I suppose this has something to do with Jon not being in your bed this morning?" Missy asked, grabbing Dany's hands and squeezing them softly.

Daenerys looked into Missy's dark eyes and knew she couldn't lie to her, Dany also knew Missy would never judge her.

"Yes...its Jon."

"May I ask what happened between you two?" Missy says softly.

"He chose to not be with me out of other peoples opinions, he has chosen to push me away, like I am a horrible sickness he no longer wants." A tear rolls down her cheek as she talks. "And I know Missy, I am supposed to be strong, I can't let him hurt me...but I can't control it."

"Then show him you are strong without him, watch how quickly he will come back."

Daenerys shook her head, wiping the tears off her cheeks. "No Missy...this is different. He might still love me, I am not sure, but I know he doesn't want to love me."

Missy wraps her arms around Daenerys, as she tries to hold back her tears.

"He said forever...I didn't realize forever was so short." Daenerys whimpered softly.

"Daenerys, let's take your mind off him, what-"

"I can't rid him from my every thought Missy, he's gone but he took a part of me with him." she sobs quietly.

Missy's mouth opens to speak but no words come out that could ever comfort the Queen.

Days turned into a week and though neither would admit it, the pain grew worse with every passing moment. Daenerys thought it would be easier, she thought it would take her a few days then she would return to her usual self, a strong Queen that didn't need Jon Snow by her side.

She quickly realized it wouldn't be so easy, Jon was no Daario, Jon had found a home in her heart that she could not let go of. She was scared, if she let go of him, what would be left of her?

Jon was her safety from this cold world, he was the only thing that seemed to bring warmth, he might not know it, but she had never felt more safe then in his arms.

One night at dinner, Daenerys turned to look at him, only to find his eyes already on her, their gazes met and for a spilt second Daenerys was reminded of their love, his warmth, his touch. But then he swallowed heavily and turned away, grabbing his cup of ale and pouring it down his throat.

He stood after that and walked quickly out of the room, not looking at anyone.

When he was gone Daenerys turned her eyes back to the room, when she spotted Varys walking towards her.

"Your Grace, a raven came." he said handing the paper to her.

"Thank you." she said, Varys bowing slightly before turning away.