Somewhere To Sleep

-DANY-

He had been asleep for almost two days now, and I had found any reason to be near him, whether it was bringing food, water, more blankets anything. I would volunteer, I kept telling myself it was because I needed my last ally healthy, but even I knew that was a lie.

I had been sitting by his bedside today for now...I had lost track of time, just watching his chest rise and fall making sure he wasn't leaving me...because I need him...as an ally.

I heard a gentle knock on the door and Davos walked in with some food, I stood up and grabbed it, it was probably Jon's food for when he wakes up. I smelt the food and realised how hungry I actually was.

"This is your dinner your grace" He said passing me the plate

"Excuse me dinner?" I said grabbing the plate

"Yes, your grace, you have been in here for 7 hours"

I gasped "What!? Really?"

"Yes your grace, I can take over the watch if you would like-"

"No its ok Davos, I want to stay with him...I mean I can-"

"I know what you mean Your Grace... see you later" he said with a smile, he turned around and walked out closing the door behind him.

I sat at the table and dug into my food, after I had finished, I realised how tired I actually was, but I didn't want to leave him alone.

I attempted to sleep in the chair but failed miserably. I was pacing up and down the room deciding where to sleep and what to do, I refused to leave in case he woke, but I needed a good sleep.

I stopped pacing and looked at the free spot next to him.

'Nooooo, can't do that, don't be stupid Dany, don't be stupid.'

I stepped closer and put my hand on his forehead, it was clammy and cold.

'Maybe...Maybe he needs my body heat to keep him from getting sick...Can I hear myself? That is so stupid...but it might be a good excuse if he wakes up...I need sleep'

I let my body win, needing sleep, I took off my dress and put on my warmest night gown, I then walked over to the other side of the bed and pulled back the sheets and blankets.

I looked at Jon once more, my mind screaming at me, telling me how stupid this was and how badly this could end, but I couldn't fight the pull that I was feeling to lie down.

So, I did, I lay down and faced Jon at first, after a few seconds I realised my body had moved closer without my command.

I looked at his lips, 'Very kissable...STOP IT DAENERYS!'

I rolled over before I could make a mistake and closed my eyes, but I still couldn't sleep. I lay there for hours; I didn't care anymore... so I made the decision... a decision I would most likely regret or like...

I rolled back over and moved closer to The King in The North, I reached up and touched his forehead, it was freezing like his skull was ice.

I need to keep him alive...I need to warm him...

I moved even closer until my head was next to his shoulder, I was a dragon, I could warm him up.

I took a deep breath and in one quick move I rested my head on shoulder. It felt comforting but wrong...No it didn't...it felt right. I imagined doing this every night, but I quickly trampled that thought like it was paper on fire, not wanting to let it expand and grow. But I couldn't help but imagine it.

I felt my eyelids getting heavy, as I finally drifted off to sleep.

-JON-

She was laying on my chest. MY CHEST. DAENERYS WAS ON MY CHEST.

At first I thought I was dreaming, there was no way...But I felt her chest rising and falling against mine and her powerful heartbeat pumping against me. I knew it was real.

I was frozen and felt like I shouldn't breath, it was morning, that meant she had slept there all night. 

'Maybe she felt the same way as me? Don't be stupid you're a bastard and she's a Queen, the most beautiful woman in the world. Then why was she here? Resting on my chest with her arm around me as if protecting me, why would she show this kind of affection towards me, if she didn't care at least a tiny bit? Don't get you hopes up; she could have had nowhere to sleep...or she was freezing...or her body accidentally rolled over while she slept?'

I finally convinced myself just to enjoy the moment, I still felt guilty about her dragon...her child.

I felt her move and I immediately closed my eyes, pretending to sleep, not wanting to give away the fact she just slept next to me. I wanted to see what she would do now.

-DANY-

I sat up and immediately realised where I was, I had slept next to him...against him all night...maybe he woke...

I then realised how good I felt; I hadn't slept that good since...since... I can't even remember. I look back at him and felt his forehead, he already looks more coloured then the last few days and his forehead is no longer cold and clammy, it is actually warm.

I smile and can't help but stare at his lips, and before I can even process what I am doing I lean down and lay a gentle kiss against his lips.

"Thank you, Jon. Come back to me." I whisper