Chapter 1

"You don't see me..." I whisper under my breath as a group of guards walk past my hiding spot, a wagon of hay. As soon as they've past, I climb out and brush strands of hay off of me.

I adjust my hood slightly and climb to the top of a roof, searching the ground below.

"Perfect," I grin as my target walks past the house I'm standing on.

I don't jump down and kill him yet, but I follow him, trying to find out where he's going. I have my reasons for following him.

I continue to follow this man. His name is Roberto Muncina, the captain of the guards for a small templar group. He's more than just that to me.

He was the person that killed my family.

He goes inside a large building that's guarded by templars and I curse under my breath. There's not really any way I can get in there without being seen.

I wait on the roof of the building he went into for a small amount of time before climbing down slowly and slipping in through a window. He stands in a meeting with two other templars.

"Are you still looking for the last Miglia?" asks one man.

"Yes. She's trained though, and she works alone from what I've heard. She's very hard to get to," says Roberto.

"We are not going to fail," says the third man.

"No we aren't," Roberto says. He turns on his heel and leaves the building. I slip out the window and scramble to the roof.

It truly is my safe-haven up here.

As I slip down into the streets of Italy and blend in with the crowd, one thought keeps nagging at my mind.

Why does he want me dead so badly?

A/N: Short chapter today because it's late. :D