Chapter 18

Desiree's POV

The ship rocks softly as the ship cuts through the cold water. I stand at the side of the boat and feel the wind blowing through my hair.

"How close are we to England?" I ask as Alessia walks past.

"A couple of hours, give or take," she replies.

"Grazie."

She walks away, but she's quickly replaced by Rosalia.

"Ciao," I say. She nods and twirls a strand of her soft brown hair between her fingers, staring dreamily at the waves.

"What's gotten into you, mia signora?" I ask, cocking my head to one side.

"Nothing..." she mutters. I look at her and smirk.

"Who is it?"

She looks at me, confusion on her face.

"What?"

"Who is it? Girls get like this when they have met a man that they are fond off," I state. She giggles and looks out over the ocean.

"Um, well, there is this one guy... Don't make fun of me," she says. I hold my hands up in defence and shake my head.

"I swear I will not make fun of you."

"Alright. Well, I think... I think Malik is kind of cute," Rosalia blushes and suddenly finds the wooden planks of the deck incredibly interesting.

I smile and bite my bottom lip.

"I am sorry. That is very adorable."

She grins and slugs my arm playfully.

"Do not tell anyone."

"I will not."

"Good."

She walks away, a slight bounce in her step. I grin and lean against the mast pole of the ship.

I wonder how this will play out.

A/N: Anyone who knows me in real life will now know who Rosalia is out of our IRL friends. CrimsonCanadianMC, I'm talking to you.