Chapter 20

Desiree's POV

"So, you want to kill Roberto Muncina?" Arno asks. We all stand or sit in a circle on the deck of the ship. We're close to Italy already, which is good.

"Yes. He's done some terrible things, and he's trying to wipe out the assassins," I reply. I look over to Karma, who keeps looking at Arno with this weird look on her face.

"Italy on the horizon!" yells a crew member, and Karma snaps out of it.

"Perfect! Leonardo and Ezio will be pleased," I say.

We reach the docks and get off the ship.

"Follow me," I say.

We all run down the streets of Venice, towards Leonardo's shop. My heart is beating with excitement. He'll be so pleased to meet my new friends.

As we reach it, I see Ezio's face appear in the window and then the door being opened.

"Desiree, get in here!" he yells.

"What's going on, beyefendi?" I yell back, nervousness now filling me.

I start sprinting towards the house, and the other assassins follow me. As I arrive, I see Leonardo on the table, blood on his stomach.

"What happened, mio amico?!" I shriek, rushing to his side.

"They found out... that I lied... about your location. He left me with this," Leonardo coughs, handing me a crumpled piece of paper. I take it and carefully unfold it.

"Let this be a warning to you, Desiree Miglia. He is only the beginning. -RM"

I clench it in my fist and throw it on the ground, tears filling my eyes.

"Do not die, Leonardo," I whisper. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I will try not to, mia signora."

"The doctor is on his way, Des," Ezio says, wrapping me in a hug. "Now, tell me who your friends are."

A/N: I am a horrible person.