Chapter 27

Karma's POV

"I would not have the guts for that," Madeleine says after Desiree tells her everything.

"Well, danger is part of being an assassin," I chuckle.

The doctor, who had come a while ago, leaves Ezio's room.

"He will be alright. Just make sure he does not move around to much."

"Thank you. What do I owe you?" Desiree asks.

"Nothing, mia signora. It is my gift to you for taking out the man that was causing trouble," the doctor replies.

"Grazie, beyefendi."

The doctor nods and leaves the house. Desiree relaxes back on her chair and sighs in exhaustion.

"Why don't we all go and get some rest?" I suggest. Everyone mumbles in agreement and we depart into our separate rooms.

I quickly change into my night clothes and snuggle into bed. Almost instantly, I fall into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I wake up late and rub my eyes. Desiree and Madeleine are still sleeping, and I quietly get up and leave the bedroom.

Arno sits in the living room, tea in hand.

"Morning, Arno," I mumble as I grab some food from the kitchen.

"Good morning, Karma," he replies.

I sit down in one of the chairs, and we watch each other for a while, not saying anything.

"So, you're really coming to Syria with me," I say finally, breaking the silence. He nods and takes a sip of tea.

"Karma, I would love to live in Syria with you. It would be terrible to live miles and miles away from you."

I feel my face turn red, and I suddenly find the rug very interesting. I hear Arno stand, and I look up at him.

"Want to go on a walk with me? The mornings are very nice in Italy," he says. I nod and he takes my hand.

"Let's go."

Alessia's POV

I wake up and quietly walk to the living room. As I eat breakfast, Connor walks out of his room and sits down in the chair beside me.

His ponytail is out, and his black hair is shaggy and messy. It's cute.

"What a life we live, Alessia. I never thought I would be in Italy, surrounded by assassins from different countries," Connor says. Our eyes lock, and my heart skips a beat.

"It's pretty crazy, isn't it?" I reply.

He grins and tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear before standing up. He walks to the kitchen and begins rummaging for food, and I stare at the wall, my fingers touching the place where his did.

My heart is all over the map.

---time skip---

After a couple of days of chilling out in Italy, it's time for everyone to go. Karma, Arno, Altaïr, Rosalia, and Ella all stand at the docks, assassin robes on. Ella and my ship floats beside the docks, and we agreed that I was the one that was going to keep it.

First, we sail to Syria and drop them off. Then Connor and I are off to America.

Desiree, Ezio, Leonardo, Madeleine, and Edward all stand on the docks. We hug goodbye, but we've all grown so close that it's hard.

"Do not worry, we will visit. And often," Ella says, smiling.

"Definitely," Connor grins.

We all board my ship and wave goodbye to the friends we're leaving behind. Desiree and Edward hold hands as they wave goodbye, and I know I'm going to miss them.