Chapter 10

I wake early the next morning and walk to Leo's shop. When I get there, Leonardo is making tea. Nobody else is with him.

"Buongiorno Desiree! Sit down, have something to eat! Would you like some tea?" Leonardo asks.

"Leo, you're acting like my padre," I say, smiling a little.

He chuckles, but his face drops when his eyes meet mine.

"Mia signora, what's wrong?"

"Leo... I have to assassinate Roberto Muncina on my own. I can't endanger any more lives than I already have," I say.

"Dez, the other girls you met are trained assassins. They know how to defend themselves!" Leonardo says. I shake my head.

"Roberto Muncina has a massive army that's coming after one assassin. If that one assassin takes him out, his entire army fades."

"He's not just going after you. Once you're dead, he goes on to other assassins and kills them as well. You're not his only target!"

"Let me do this alone, amico. Ezio wants me to, so I will."

Leonardo walks up to me and hugs me. I hug him back, a tear running down my face.

"Be safe, Desiree," he says.

"I will, Leo."

With that, I leave the shop and walk down the streets of Venezia.

I'm going to kill Roberto Muncina.

A/N:

Definitions:

Buongiorno: Good morning

Padre: father