Chapter 14

Desiree's POV

I walk with the other girls through the streets of Siena.

"So Ezio told you to kill Roberto?" Alessia asks. I nod.

"Yes. He thought I should get the honours of doing it, because he was the one that killed my family."

"May I ask... how?" Karma stutters. I chuckle and nod.

"Yes. Don't worry, Karma. I am not offended by your question." She breathes a sigh of relief, and everyone waits for the answer.

------Flashback-------

"Well done, Desiree!" Ezio says as I disarm him.

"Grazie!" I smile.

He picks up his sword and puts his back into it's sheath.

"Go home now, Desiree. You've done good work today," Ezio says. I hug him, and he hugs back.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I say.

"Buonanotte, Desiree. And make sure not to wake your parents. They are probably asleep already," Ezio says.

I leave the Bureau and walk down the dark streets of Florence towards my house. As I walk, I hear a loud commotion, but I can't see it from where I stand, so I clumsily climb to a rooftop and look towards my house.

I watch in horror as a group of templars toss a flaming torch into my house and it bursts into flames.

"No!" I scream. I run as fast as I can towards my house, but by the time I get there, it's too late to save my parents. As I reach the house, I hide in the shrubbery so they don't kill me as well. As I sit there, I see the face of Roberto Muncina. He's laughing, and it makes my face burn with anger.

He leaves my house with his army, and I run to my house. I try to get inside, but falling pieces of burning wood block my path.

"Madre! Padre!" I scream, trying to get to their room past all the fire. As a chunk of burning wood almost hits my head, I'm forced to retreat from the house.

When I get outside, I fall to my knees and sob.

My family was just killed.

I'm an orphan.

As I sit there sobbing, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I jump and turn around, but I'm relieved to see the face of Ezio Auditore de Firenze.

"I heard the commotion... I'm glad to see that you are not dead," he says. His face is filled with sadness, and I stand up and hug him.

"Ezio... what am I going to do?" I ask. I'm only 15. There's no way I can survive on my own.

"Come with me. I will take care of you," Ezio says. I look up at him and smile through my tears.

"Really?"

"Of course, mia signora," Ezio replies. He leads me back to the Bureau and gives me a room, where I spend the next seven years training.

-----End of Flashback-----

"So you're 22?" Rosalia asks. I nod.

"Yep. Ezio has been like my padre for seven years."

"Wow. No wonder you want to kill this man so badly," Ella says.

"Yes. It is my mission to kill him before he kills anyone else," I say, adjusting my hidden blade. Alessia grins.

"Let's do this."

A/N: Yep. Desiree is 22.

The more you know!!!

I made her 22 because I didn't need any 21 jokes, okay?

:D