Chapter 23

Desiree's POV

I wake early the next morning and immediately walk to Leonardo's room. I need to check on him and make sure he's alright before I leave with everyone.

"Leo?" I whisper as I walk in.

I approach his bed and shake his shoulder lightly.

"Mia signora?" he mumbles.

"Leo, are you alright?" I ask.

"I've been better," he says, lightly touching the bandages on his gut with his fingertips.

"Madeleine is going to look after you while we're gone. Roberto will be dead when we return," I say.

"Desiree?" Leonardo asks.

"Si?"

"Make sure everyone returns."

"Si, amico."

I smile and leave the room. I go down the hall and wake up Karma and Madeleine.

"Come, today is the day we assassinate Roberto Muncina," I say. Karma grins.

"Let's do this."

Madeleine yawns and gets out of bed. I put my hands on her shoulders and look her in the eyes.

"Promise me that you'll take care of Leonardo. He's one of my best friends and I need to know that you're going to keep him safe."

Madeleine smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Of course. Leonardo will be back to normal when you return."

"Grazie."

Karma and I change into our assassin outfits and leave the room. I wake up Alessia, Ella, Rosalia, Ezio, Arno, Edward, and Connor while Karma wakes up Altaïr.

When they have all changed, we leave the house and grab horses from the stable. We all ride down the streets of Venice and into the countryside, down the road to Florence, where Roberto is currently residing.

He's in for a treat.

A/N: I needed a bit of a filler chapter. Here it is. I hope you enjoyed! :)