Chapter 30

1 Year Later
Desiree's POV

"Edward! A letter came in from Syria!" I say, walking into our small Italian house.

"Read it!" Edward replies.

I open the letter and begin reading.

"Dear Edward and Desiree,
Hello! It has been quite a while since we last saw you! Anyway, our relationships have been blossoming since your marriage, and we are extremely happy to announce that we are having a mass wedding! Connor and Alessia have been contacted, and they are sailing over to have their wedding as well. We miss you, and we can not wait for your arrival. Please pass this message on to Ezio, Leonardo, and Madeleine, because they are invited as well (of course).
Love,
Altaïr and Ella Ibn- la'Ahad, Arno and Karma Dorian, and Malik and Rosalia Al-Sayf

I put the letter down, and Edward grins widely.

"Well, let's go!"

--------------

The wedding is a ton of fun.

Everyone is dressed up, and the wedding tent is filled with tables of food, musicians, and some guest assassins from the Bureau. Leonardo and Madeleine da Vinci helped with the decorations, and Ezio brought wine from Italy.

When everyone's finished with their "I do's," the real party starts.

There's dancing and laughing, and it's the most fun I've had in a while.

When the wedding ends, everyone stays in Syria for the next two days, relaxing and catching up with everyone.

After everyone goes back to their home countries, life is better than ever.

"Desiree?" Edward asks when we arrive back home.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

I smile and kiss him.

"I love you too."

----------------
My name is Desiree Miglia. When I was young, I only trusted two people, Leonardo da Vinci and Ezio Auditore de Firenze. One meeting changed my entire life. That was where I met my best friends in the world. When a templar threat rose, we joined with other assassins to fight. That was where my best friends and I met our husbands. I love freedom, but I also love my friends and family.

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
Hide in plain sight.
Never compromise the brotherhood.

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
Remember, nothing is true
Where other men are limited by morality or law,
Remember, everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light.
We are assassins.