Chapter 5

"So, how did you end up injured?"

Karma and I sit on the roof of Leonardo's studio. I sigh and look at her.

"I went to assassinate my target while four other templars were with him," I say, chuckling a bit and feeling the bandage on my side.

"You didn't have any help?" Karma asks.

"No, I tend to work alone."

"You know, there's a meeting at the Assassin Bureau in Florence in a week or so. You should come with me! We can meet some other assassins and work with them," Karma suggests.

I look over the rooftops of Italy and nod.

"Alright, when do we leave?"

"As soon as possible."

We climb down from the roof and walk through the streets of Italy.

"What's your story?" Karma asks.

"Um... well, I grew up in Florence, for starters. I was a pretty normal kid. I only moved to Venice when..." I paused and took a deep breath. "When my parents were killed. I had to flee Florence and go somewhere safe. But unfortunately, their killer figured out that I came here and is still hunting me down."

"Any siblings?"

"No."

"Who killed your parents?"

"Roberto Muncina. Do you know him?"

Karma's face goes dark and she nods.

"Roberto Muncina has sent templars into Syria to kill the assassins there. Altaïr and I have killed some of his troops."

"Ha più potere di quanto pensassi..." I mutter.

"English or Syrian please," Karma says. I grin.

"He has more power than I thought."

"Yes he does."