Chapter 7

"There it is! Florence," I say, pointing to the buildings that are now in view.

"Good! Now you're going to have to guide me to the Bureau, because I don't know where it is," Karma replies.

I take the reins from her hands (we've been trading off) and guide the horses to the Assassin's Bureau. I park the carriage and Karma ties them up.

"The meeting isn't for another day or two, so we can explore a bit," she says.

"Alright. Why don't we walk to the docks?" I say, jumping down from the carriage.

We walk to the docks, which aren't very far from the Bureau, and sit down. Our feet dangle off the board walk as we watch the ships sail past.

"You see that one ship?" I ask. Karma looks in the direction I'm pointing.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"It's coming from the direction of Britain. That means that they're either British templars, pirates or assassins."

"Wow, let's hope it's the last choice."

The ship comes closer and closer. Karma and I continue to watch it and stand up when it reaches the docks. The walkway lowers and two females walk out.

One of them has light brown skin and black hair pulled back in braided ponytails. She has a three-pointed hat on and is carrying a pistol.

The other has reddish brown hair, which is in thick braided pigtails. She has a large red belt around her waist and a pistol in each hand.

They both walk up to us and Karma and I just stand there.

"Hello! Could you help us a bit?" asks the girl with the darker skin.

"With what?" Karma asks.

"Um... well, um... we're looking for something," says the other. "Uh, the Assassin Bureau? We're here for a meeting." She whispers the last part and I grin.

"Yes, we do know where that is. Because we're assassins as well."

"I could tell by the outfits. Pardon me, my name is Alessia Machiavelli," says the first girl.

"And I'm Ella Francesca," says the second girl with the red belt.

"I'm Desiree Miglia and this is Karma Ibn-la'Ahad," I say. Karma waves.

"I've heard of your brother, Karma. So you came here from Syria?" Ella asks.

"Yes. Altaïr stayed behind, he has a mission," Karma says.

"Desiree, I'm assuming you're from Italy?" Alessia chuckles. I nod.

"From Venice, to be exact."

"We're from Britain, in case you couldn't tell," Ella says. I could. Their accents are very much British.

"Alright, now that we've met each other, we'll show you where the Bureau is," I say.

We lead Alessia and Ella down the street to where the Assassin Bureau is, leaving the members of their crew to work on the ship.

"Here it is! Will you be staying in your ship for the night?" Karma asks.

"Yes. It's not too far," Alessia says. "Thank you for your help. We'll see you at the meeting."

I like them.