Part 22: Discuss

After an awkward silence Yoongi stood up and tugged at Jimin's sleeve indicating he should too before nodding in the direction of the couch.

Jimin could tell he wanted him to sit down so he nodded and made his way over as Yoongi went into the kitchen to get something, reappearing quickly with two drinks.

Jimin silently thanked him, taking the drink handed to him and when Yoongi sat down they both sipped it in silence.

Yoongi was the first to break the quickly becoming unbearable silence mumbling a soft "It's okay."

Jimin looked up becoming fully alert and Yoongi shrank slightly under his gaze feeling nervous at words he wanted to say.

He felt his cheeks becoming more flushed as he thought about his unsaid confession and he felt it was only fair to tell Jimin, not only because he looked confused and worried but because he wanted to alleviate some of the tension and get what he wanted to say off his chest.

Fisting at the edge of his shirt, he mumbled "It's okay if you... you know... it's okay but... but only if it's you... s-so don't feel bad or apologise... I was just a bit... shook? I think that's the word Jungkook taught me and Tae..."

Jimin could tell how nervous he was before he spoke and mistook some of the flusteredness as anxiety, but as heat rose to his own cheeks he understood better.

So instead of apologising like his instant reaction was, he scooted a bit closer and slowly held a hand out to see if Yoongi was being serious or not, testing the waters in a sense but letting Yoongi lead it and that he was comfortable before trying to deal with the other situation which was presented earlier.

Yoongi sucked in a breath when Jimin scooted closer and began noming on his lip nervously wen Jimin held a hand out, and even though he was nervous he reached forward with a shaky hand and let his hand wrap around Jimin's smaller.

For a while longer they just sat there, looking down at their connected hands and occasionally shooting a glance at the other until both relaxed.

And not long after that Jimin spoke.

"I... about what you said to do with Taehyung... and your apartment..."

Yoongi's heart dropped and he quickly grew embarrassed rambling "D-dont worry about it, I shouldn't have complained or even let it get to me that much that I skipped work. It was irresponsible and wrong of me to do-" but before he could carry on and make himself feel worse Jimin was quick to cut him off.

Equally as speedy Jimin explained "Nonono it's fine. Don't worry about work or telling me, it's good to not keep things to yourself. It also couldn't be helped. I just- I wanted to help, y'know?"

He looked at Yoongi with eyes that seemed to be pleading for him to understand but Yoongi was confused as to why he would want to help or how he could, so mindlessly repeated "Help?" In a questioning tone.

Jimin nodded and bit his lip for a moment before cautiously starting again;

"You said you have to work multiple jobs to keep your apartment going and to pay for stuff in general and you struggled even when living with someone. And your clearly exhausted by it so I thought... since you work so hard as well... that you could have a raise- just tell me how much you need to pay for the apartment and quit your other jobs and I can take care of it for you-"

Yoongi instantly understood what he was getting at and he instantly felt guilty for needing the help, he didn't want to be a burden, so quickly spewed out "Nonononono I cant let you do that. First of all I sleep on the job, I don't turn up, I run late by half a day, I slip into little space and cause you nothing but trouble. I don't deserve a raise-" not breathing the whole time until Jimin calmly interrupted him with a chuckle.