Part 44: Progress

Things changed for the pair when Jimin's birthday came around.

Jimin's family had arranged a party and Jimin had nervously asked Yoongi to go with him getting a response neither expected him to say -well more like whine.

"Just ask me out alreadyyy."

Jimin knew when he asked he was in between head spaces which is what Yoongi blamed it on when he eventually left his room after running away and hiding but Jimin had all the courage he needed from that and asked him to be his date and to no ones surprise Yoongi agreed.

After that since there was a few weeks until the party they lived in a honey moon period where they grew more intimate and close being more comfortable to ask for what they want or to just go and cuddle up to the other.

Minus kissing other than pecks to the head or hands they didn't delve deeper into that aspect of their relationship but neither needed too, they were content.

That was until Yoongi realised he was undoubtedly going to be meeting Jimin's close friends whom he'd gushed about before as well as Jin again with the newly given information that he was a little much to Yoongi shock.

Taehyung and Jungkook where both attending too but Yoongi was terrified of messing up in front of the youngest other closest people.

He'd heard endless stories of his wise hyungs Namjoon and Hoseok who had been with him for years; one being described as the epitome of sunshine and happiness and the other as a clumsy, cuddly, smart sweet heart - even though both had a reputation similar to Jimin's.

Yoongi knew he shouldn't believe those reputations but apart of him was still nervous, nervous enough he almost cancelled last minute.

Jimin had been getting his clothes out so he could start getting ready when he noticed a note slip under his door.

Upon closer inspection he could tell it was from Yooni because of the additionally messy writing compared to the elders normal spider scribe.

His heart dropped when he read it since it said; 2 Jiminie, Fank you for the ofer butt Yooni cant go wif you. Sowwy. Fwom Yooni.

Punctuation probably would've helped considering his initial reaction was there was something wrong with him but he couldn't blame the little because it was a big improvement to his normal writing and it made sense otherwise.

It should've clicked immediately he was stressed since he was in little space but it didn't so he panicked for a hot minute but when he calmed down it made sense.

So after taking a deep breath he left his room, knocking on Yoongi's door and entering before a response finding the little pretending to be asleep with his eyes scrunched and fake snoring.

Cute.

Jimin sat next to him rubbing circles on the others back until he opened his eyes looking up sadly as the other just smiled reassuringly.

Yoongi squeaked "I sowwy." Leaning into the others touch which traveled from his back to his cheek, caressing it softly as he said "Its okay."

He nodded for Yoongi to shuffle over to make room for him before climbing under the covers with him carrying on with the soothing motion as the elder curled into his chest.

A moment of silence passed before Jimin finally broke it, softly asking "Wanna talk about it?" Which made the little sigh.

Jimin at least deserved to know why, even if he was embarrassed over the reason.

Taking a deep breath he whispered "Scared." And although it was a whisper Jimin heard him loud and clear so was quick to ask "Your scared? Why baby?" Using a pet name he knew Yoongi had a particular soft spot for in little space and made him melt.

Yoongi tried his best to fight the tears he could feel building in his eyes, hoping it wasn't as obvious as his blush as he admitted "Yooni scawed dat Jiminie's fwends won't wike him a-and dat Jiminie won't like him no mo' b-but Yooni weally wikes Jiminie."

Jimin instantly pulled him on top of him in a hug, running his fingers through the littles hair as he reassured "They'll love you baby, just like Jinnie and Jungkookie and Taehyungie-"

"A-And you?"

Jimin smiled fondly at the little who looked up at him with nervous eyes after his interruption so Jimin leaned down placing a kiss on his head as he continued "Exactly baby. And me. How could I not love my sweet little baby Hm?"

The little giggled lightly and rubbed at his eyes which were leaking tears slightly which Jimin was quick to kiss away after taking the littles scrunched up hands into his own.

Jimin continued "I'd really like them to meet you, ya know? I want all my favourite people to know each other because I know you'll all get on great - especially you and Namjoon hyung because he's a dork too who has a soft spot for cute things."

"Like Jinnie?"

"Exactly. Like Jinnie and out little kitten Kitty out in the living room. Joonie and Hobi have both been before when you stayed over at Jungkookie's because they want all the details about my precious Yooni and because Jin could only coo about you."

Yoongi pouted bearing the last bit of information as he complained "Jinnie think I'm a doll. He makes me pway dwess up with him and Taetae and they chose my clothes fo' tonight." Pout only growing bigger at the memory of all the clothes they made him try on but Jimin was quick to capture his attention turning his head towards him.

"Don'tcha think it'd be nice for them to see you wearing what they've chosen? I'm excited to see you in it too."

Yoongi shook his head hiding his face more as he blushed causing Jimin to ask "Why not baby?" As he readjusted his hold around the boys waist.

Yoongi mumbled "Too tight." With his signature pout reappearing on his face again making Jimin frown and ask "Like too small?"

Yoongi quickly shook his head complaining "No wike it make my waist look tiny and my butt look huge! Wike bigger than Jiminie's butt!" Getting a gasp from Jimin who attempted to defend "Heyyyy my butts not that big!" Being shut down instantly by the little who proped himself up to look into his eyes to just say "Weally?"

Both rolled there eyes.

Jimin admitted "Okay maybe it's a little but it's hot so shush, now I only wanna see you dressed up even more." Before hugging him tighter and begging "Please Yooniii~" To which the little huffed before saying "Fine but no touchy the booty."

Jimin gasped again in feigned offence asking "Oh but it's okay for you to random run past me and tap mine?"

Yoongi nodded innocently saying "Mhm cos Yooni is an angel unwike you mister hot and watchy eyes."

Jimin tilted his head in genuine confusion and asked both honestly and sarcastically "Watchy eyes? And angel?" Making the little giggle a little.

Sticking his tongue out he replied "Mhm when Yooni In work clothes I sees you stawing. And I the best angel cos Yooni a good boy."

Tickling the little sides with his face going red Jimin exclaimed "Yahh! Min Yoongi you tease, that's exactly why your not an angel now go get ready you little demon." Finally releasing the giggling boy who quickly squeaked "It my woom!" Before running into his on suit bathroom away from Jimin's tickling hands.

"That boy I swear."