Chapter 21 - Upon Us

It was silent in the Great Hall, there was no movement, only the flow of blood coming from Little Finger's dead body. Daenerys was still standing at the front of the room behind the table, staring at Little Finger's lifeless eyes. She couldn't take her eyes off from the man who almost destroyed her family. Daenerys felt proud that she had gotten rid of him, but at the same time a wave of shock fell over her. She couldn't believe he was gone, this horrible, conniving man was out of her families life,...and with this thought came relief.

Daenerys took a deep breath, and headed down towards Little Finger's body, which was laying on the floor in the centre of the room. Sansa stayed at the table, and Arya stayed in the exact same spot she slit Little Fingers throat. Daenerys kneeled down beside Little Fingers body, still maintaining contact with those eyes of his. As she looked into his deep brown eyes, she saw something. She couldn't explain what it was...but it was dark, and it felt close. Daenerys placed her hand over Little Fingers forehead and caressed her hand downward closing his eyes, shutting the darkness that they held within, never to open again.

As Daenerys was still kneeled on the ground with her hand on Baelish's eyes, Daenerys said, "thank you...both of you." This was directed to both Arya and Sansa, thanking them for all they did to get rid of this man, no matter their differences with one another. Arya heard Daenerys' thanks, and turned her eyes to Sansa, who was still looking at Daenerys on the ground. Arya gave Sansa a sad but forgiving look, Arya was looking for Sansa's approval to reply to Daenerys. Arya knows Sansa's distaste towards Daenerys, but she has thanked them, the least they can do is accept the gesture. Sansa watched Daenerys struggling to get back up, due to the weight of her huge belly. Sansa then turned her head and made eye contact with Arya. Sansa gave a small but slow nod. As Daenerys reached her feet, Arya replied, "of course, anything for our family." Daenerys looked at Arya and gave her a small smile. That reply made her happy, finally one of the stark girls see's her as their family. Daenerys then looked towards Sansa, who said absolutely nothing, only a cold look as always. Daenerys felt the tension between the two still, but this was supposed to be an accomplished moment with one another, not another argument. So Daenerys decided to give Sansa a gentle bow of her head, and left the Great Hall with Missandei and Grey Worm following behind her.

As Daenerys, Missandei and Grey Worm were walking the many halls of Winterfell, back to their chambers, Daenerys felt a strong kick coming from her child inside her. Daenerys did not stop, but she placed one of her hands on top and other on the bottom as if she was cradling the child in her belly. Daenerys smiled proudly with her face held high, holding the future to the Seven Kingdoms. As they were reaching the stairs, Daenerys felt a sharp pain between her hands on her belly. Daenerys stopped immediately, clenching her hands tighter around her belly. Daenerys stood there for a few minutes, waiting to see if the pain was a minor thing during this stage in her pregnancy. Missandei and Grey Worm both behind their Queen, looked at each other concerned. Missandei then turned her head towards Dany, who was in front of her, and asked, "Your Grace, is everything alright?" Daenerys still clenching her belly, took a deep breath and replied, "....yes...yes, everything is alright." Daenerys then lifted her head and her back, and decided to continue walking up the stairs. As she took one step onto the stairs in front of her, the pain returned, but with much more force than before. Daenerys clenched her belly as tight as she could and stumbled down onto the step, losing her balance. Grey Worm and Missandei ran to their Queen immediately. 

Grey Worm held his Queen up, allowing her head to rest on his shoulder. Missandei sat beside Grey Worm and placed one of her hands on top of Daenerys head, and the other on her pregnant  belly. Daenerys' eyes were closing on and off, but her breath was still strong. Daenerys then moved her hand very slowly onto Missandei's hand which was on her belly. Missandei looked down at Daenerys when she felt her hand, she can see Dany was trying to open her eyes. Daenerys opened her eyes wide enough to look a Missandei, once she met Missandei's eyes, she said weakly, 

"the baby...it's time...," and then closed her eyes once more.