Chapter 18 - Together

Jon immediately got up from his chair in the library and started heading straight up to Daenerys'  bed chambers. As he was heading upstairs, so many thoughts and emotions were running through his head. He was so disappointed in himself for doing what he did to Dany for no reason, he left her alone when he knew 'a Targaryen in the world is a terrible thing,' he wasn't sure if he was ready to see his wife's beautiful face in pieces, what if Sansa never talked with him, what if Little finger got away with everything, what if everything he has right now was taken away from him in a second.

Jon didn't want to think about the what if's, he just wanted to fix what he was destroying. He couldn't imagine his life without Dany, she was the one women who was his equal in everything, the one person who loves him as much as he loves her.

Dany was laying in her bed, facing towards the fire. She was finally calm, but distraught. She was alone, no one was there anymore to comfort her except for one person, her unborn child. She placed her hand over her swollen belly, it gave her joy and relief to know that someone is here with her, and that she does have something to care about and live for.

This all reminded her of the nights in the tent during the evenings when she would lay alone, waiting and knowing that at any point during the night Drogo could walk in and have his way with her.

All of sudden Daenerys heard a knock coming from her chamber doors. Except this time she could control who could come in and out of her rooms.

She had no energy to see anyone or to even get up, but she remembered who she was. Daenerys thought to herself, you are a Queen, you are the Mother of Dragons, I will not let any man come over me, or consume who I am, my emotions and my thoughts. But this man, Jon Snow, was different, he was different then any man she had ever known. Daenerys knew Jon was going through something she doesn't know or understand, but he is alone as well. Daenerys thought maybe he needs her more than she needs him, maybe all they need is each other.

Daenerys got up from her bed, and walked towards the doors. She didn't know who could be asking for her this late into the night, probably one of her advisors, maybe it was Tyrion with urgent matters.

As Daenerys opened the door, she kept her eyes facing lower towards the ground where Tyrion would be standing, but as she looked down, it wasn't Tyrion, no this man was taller.

She glanced up immediately, surprised that Jon was standing there. They both made eye contact immediately but said nothing, they could feel themselves pulling towards one another, they needed each other and they could both feel that.

Jon expected Dany to close the door on him, and he would've understood, but she didn't. She pushed the door open slowly, still maintaining eye contact with him as was he. She shifted her body towards the side of opening allowing enough room for him to enter.

Daenerys was not going to push Jon away as he did to her. She had been so upset the past few days missing him. She had been waiting for him, and here he was finally. She wanted to feel him again, to feel his embrace and his kisses, but most of all she just wanted him, all of him. She wanted them to be as they were before, a family, as husband and wife, ruling side by side.

As Jon entered the room they followed each other with their eyes, and maintained contact. Dany remembered 'love comes in at the eyes.' They stood facing each other inside her room, so close to each other, they could hardly pull themselves away. Dany wanted to start by saying something, but just as she was about to speak, Jon pushed the door slowly behind them, leaving them alone in private for the first time in many weeks, alone with only each other...