Chapter 4 - Blood of my Blood

As Jon headed down towards the library for his council meeting, he bumped into Arya along the way. She seemed a bit frustrated, "Hey, what's wrong?" "I lost my balance this morning while I was training, it threw me all off for the rest of the session!" "Well alright then, continue heading upstairs and put away needle, then meet me in the library, I'm gonna need your angst down their with me during this council meeting." Arya kind of smiled but was also still frustrated, so she brushed Jon off, and headed upstairs. Jon giggled whilst heading towards the library, amused of seeing his little sister with this much angst about falling off balance during a training session, he knew any great warrior would be.

The council meeting had officially started, Arya, Sansa and Bran were all in attendance up at the front with him. Jon stood up to start the conversation about the security of the North from all sides of Westeros.

"My lords...and ladies" looking at little Lyanna Mormont. "We must lay our swords down my lords, and let all those in who can help us during the Great War to come. If you don't agree with the family history some might hold, I ask you to to find an agreement in yourself and with them. If you don't understand their religions, and why they do what they do, I ask you to learn from them as they will earn from you." Most of the lords looked at Jon is disgust, but a few of them understood the importance of alliances at this moment in time, for they all knew Winter is almost here. "My lords, you put your trust in me to lead you, and I will continue to do so, no matter the odds. But I can't lead those who aren't willing to be led." "We must band together! all the living North and South! To face our common enemy. Because so help us God if we are not ready!" The Lords and ladies started to rise, cheering to the speech of their King, accepting what he had said to them, though little finger did not agree, for he was on Sansa's side. Sansa was not impressed by Jon in the last couple of months, ever since he had brought the Dragon Queen to Winterfell. Sansa was neither impressed back then, nor is she impressed now. Littlefinger noticed her sitting at the front beside her siblings with all the lords and ladies around cheering, but their Sansa sat with only a straight and empty face. 

Sansa got up while everyone was still cheering, and left the council. Littlefinger followed behind her, as did Lord Royce. As the meeting had ended and everyone was starting to leave the library, Arya and Jon were the only ones left in the room. Arya asked Jon "Sansa doesn't like your Queen" looking up at Jon is a sense of sadness for him. "She is our Queen now, not just mine" Jon replied. Arya was confused by this response, she knew Jon had feelings for her, but not enough to force words of Daenerys being her Queen as well. "She isn't my Queen, she is not our blood, and she isn't one of us" Arya said with a quick snip. "She is one of us, she is a Stark....by marriage" Jon looking down at her brotherly, expecting a sort of tension about too come from his sister. "Marriage? You married her? When??" Jon Replied "this morning, just as the sun rose, we didn't want to wake anyone." Arya was happy but at the same time confused why she wasn't aware of this wedding that her brother was having. "You expect me to believe that you didn't want to wake us up? You love us too much brother not to have us at your wedding. So what was the real reason we weren't invited? Or even mentioned too?" Jon sighed looking at her "We wanted it to be just us." Arya still looking at him, surprised that he is still lying to her. "I'm guessing Daenerys suggested that weren't to attend. I'm not mad, I'm just dissapointed that you didn't stick up for us." Arya looked at Jon disappointedly, and walked away from him out of the library, leaving Jon standing there alone in his own thoughts. How did I not think about my own blood and flesh when It came to marrying Daenerys?