Chapter 31 - Spring has Come

2 years had passed since The Battle of Winterfell, the air was warm and flowers had just begun to bloom in all of the North. The North had never been as in peace as it has been until now, their King, Jon Snow had finally been getting back to normal since his wounds during the Battle of Winterfell and the people have really begun to love their Queen, Daenerys Targaryen, since she was the one who ruled the North justly during the time where their king could not.

Ever since Prince Raegon was born to Jon and Daenerys, the people of the North had felt a sense of security for the next generation with Raegon as the next heir to Winterfell as well as hopefully one day the King of the Seven Kingdoms. Not only had the people fallen in love the new prince, but also Sansa. Ever since the passing of Arya and Bran, Sansa had struggled an extreme amount of pain to carry on without her siblings that she had always been so close with, but ever since the young prince had come into her life, Sansa had become so close with the young child, almost as if it were her own.

Prince Raegon had been the first child born in Winterfell to only know what spring looked like and not winter. Raegon placed his tiny hand around a newly bloomed daisy outside of Winterfell  in the fields, he looked so amazed and stunned as to how something could be so beautiful. Raegon's hair had grown so much faster than any child the Maesters have ever seen, but Daenerys was most worried about the fact that her son had gotten the silver hair of a Targaryen, an easy trait to be recognized of his lineage, a lineage so powerful and limited. 

As Raegon played out in fields, Sansa was sitting very near to him laying down in flower beds admiring the warm winds against her face and the calmness that she felt in herself. For the first time in her entire life, she felt at peace. The Kings guards stood in distance surrounding the two, especially the young prince, whom was guarded day and night since it may be the only child that Jon and Daenerys would ever be blessed with, and they were not willing to sacrifice they're most likely only child's life. All of a sudden as Sansa layed on the fields, the ground beneath her started to shake more and more until she lifted her body up to see a Golden Lion's banner make its way down the King's road toward Winterfell with at least a dozen riders.

She got up and followed the riders with her eyes in surprise, could the Lannisters be back in Winterfell since the last time they were here was when King Robert had come to negotiate the arranged marriage between her and Joffrey. Sansa took a deep breathe, since the thought of the times back then with her family was so simple, and she had just finally found that peace, but now that feeling may be ending very soon. "Ser Banes" she yelled out to one of the guards, who had recently been named the head guard of Prince Raegon, he turned around to her and responded "yes, your grace? " "I believe we should probably head back now." Ser Banes responded "yes, your grace, of course." Ser Banes rallied up the guards, and started to pack of the tent and the blankets they had set up in the field outside. Sansa crouched down beside the young prince stroking his blonde curly hair and spoke to him calmly, "It's time to head back home to your mother and father."

Meanwhile in Winterfell, Jon had finally begun to fight again. Since The Battle of Winterfell he had not held a sword since, and since he had felt that he now has a son, he would love to be able to teach him how to fight one day. In outer yards, the Maester had kept a close distance of the king as he fought with his dancing master, Bron of the Blackwater, that Tyrion had asked to come in. Tyrion and Daenerys watched from above on balcony of Winterfell. Daenerys watched her husband for the first time finally get back his strength and begin to do what he does best, fighting, and he was one hell of a warrior. As the air started to warm up outside, Daenerys had started to dress in her clothes that she had once worn during her times in Meereen and when she had conquered Astapor, the clothes were not a Northern custom but it had started to trend throughout as Daenerys, the Queen of the North, had worn it so effortlessly. As Daenerys watched Jon she took a quick glance out into the King's Road and about a dozen riders were riding straight towards Winterfell with the Lannister Banner. "Jon!" Daenerys yelled down towards him, "Lannisters are riding right this way!" Jon handed his sword immediately to Born as they heard Daenerys' words, and he headed right away into the Great Hall with all his advisors. Daenerys started walking down to Great Hall with Tyrion by her side, she asked him immediately "Is Sansa back with Raegon yet?" "No you're Grace, but I'm sure they are alright" he told her to keep her calm. She just about entered the doors of the Great Hall and turned to Tyrion very suddenly and said with a stern face, "Find them, and make sure they get here as soon as possible." Tyrion bowed his head to Dany as she entered the Great Hall with the doors closing behind her.

As riders had finally made in into the outer yards, Dany and Jon stood inside the Great Hall ready to receive they're unwelcome visitors. As the riders made their way into the Great Hall, Tyrion recognized that Jaime was apart of the dozen men. Jon stood up at the front of the room starting off as kindly and humbly as though they weren't Lannister men, "My Lords, we are happy to receive you at such a surprising visit, what is the meaning of your presence?" Jaime stepped forward with a letter in hand and placed in on the table in which Jon and Dany were on the other side of. Jon reached for the letter but Jaime slammed his hand down and told him in a very faint but powerful voice, "It is to be read once we have left, her Majesty, Cersei, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms orders." Jon looked into Jaime's eyes with extremest displeasure, but decided that enough bloodshed had been spilled in North and he was not ready to fight just yet as he was just starting to get back to fighting, so Jon succumbed to Jaime's orders. As Jaime and his men headed out, without one single other word than that, Daenerys spoke up towards the men and asked, "Is that all?" Jaime stopped right by the doors, as all the other men had already left and turned to Daenerys, the women that defeated him in the Loot Train battle on the back of a dragon, and responded arrogantly, "Actually no, that isn't all. I hear you've had a son. Not only have I heard that but all of the Seven Kingdoms have heard, and her Majesty isn't pleased though we were told you could never bear a child, so I've come to see if it is true to what the world is saying." Daenerys responded very calmly and strongly without looking at Jon or anyone for help, "It is true...I cannot bear children." Jaime looked at Daenerys with a questionable look and answered, "So you do not have a son?" Daenerys looked at him coldly and responded one last time, "No, I do not and will not ever have a son." Jaime looked at her for what felt like forever, and then nodded his headed and was just about to leave when Sansa entered the Great Hall with the young prince Raegon in her arms. Jaime turned around immediately, and shocked to see a young boy with silver curled hair, about 2 years old, the time in which Daenerys had supposedly given birth.

Jaime asked one last time to Daenerys walking closer and closer, "You do not have son?" Daenerys looked over to her baby boy in Sansa's arms, and then looked to Jaime all the while beginning to stand up, and responded "Tell Cersei, that one day all that she loves and has loved will come shattering down as if it never existed." Jaime looked at Daenerys and then at the young boy with question, but left without one last word, for this was just the beginning of The Last War...

A war that would last for nearly a century.