CHAPTER 2

"Tired of all these cameras flashing,
Sick of being poised."

THE EGYPTIAN VAMPIRE KNOW AS BENJAMIN WAS THE FIRST TO SIT ON ONE OF THE LOGS THAT SURROUNDED THE FIRE. Next to him, on his right sat his mate, Tia and on his left, the puppy known as Jacob.
Regina was above them, in the trees, looking up at the night sky, knowing that this might be the last time to see it.

She hummed a lullaby her mother had taught her, and smiled gently as the stars twinkled back at her in response.

She could hear the rustle of the vampires moving, and their conversations that filled the silence of the forest, but took no notice of it, choosing instead to bask in the moonlight.

The flashing of her memories danced before her now closed eyelids.

"Mother!" A young Regina screamed, giggling, as her and her mother laid in the middle of their garden, looking up at the stars.

"Mother, stop it!"

Her mother, Florence, as she went by, stopped tickling Regina, and sighed playfully, a grin stretching wide across her proclein face.

Tho Florence had no memory of what had happened two seconds ago, she remembered that she had been tickling her.

Regina panted, as she drew air back to her lungs, before squeezing her mother into a hug.

Turning from her side, to completely on her back, Florence crossed her arms and pouted.

"You're no fun."

***

A middle-aged Regina laid on her blanket, atop of the dewy grass of the late night couldn't fathom the beauty of the stars that shined above her.

Literal perfection couldn't even describe the beauty of them, and yet they were a thing often taken forgranted.

A cloak wrapped around her shoulders, to keep her body warm, and mits for her hands, Regina was content with herself, and her special stars.

A smile grazed her lips, but dimmed at the thought of all the years she'd spent here, beneath the stars in this meadow, with her mother, before she passed away.

She hadn't meant to get carried away by her emotions, but there was no point in holding it back, and let it go.

Tears streamed down her face, but she was cut off by her father calling out for her.

"REGINA! Where are you?!" He kept on shouting, but instead of answering, feeling the urge to just go to sleep, she wiped her tears, and ran to her father, who gave her the biggest hug, before scolding her.

She didn't even get why he was so panicked.

She'd told both him and his guard where she was going, so he didn't need to worry, but he continue to rant about what would've happened if he hadn't found her.

**********

She knew father had seen something that night.