CHAPTER 33

"They've got the kingdom locked up."

IT WAS OUT OF PURE INSTINCT, WHAT HAPPENED NEXT. Regina pulled the young girl behind her, protecting her from them.

As a human, she knew that she wouldn't be able to make much damage against witches, but she was damn well willing to try.

Whatever history these women had with Dawn, it was clearly one made on the backbone of spite, one that made Regina not want trust them.

Their smiles dropped and they raised their hands, supposedly in a form of surrender, but even then Regina couldn't be sure, and so she didn't let up her defensive position.

"I apologise, my Queen, that was particularly rude of me."
The middle woman mumbled, a bit reluctant, which made Regina sigh.

She wasn't sure what these women wanted, but surely it could not be as bad as what was happening to her mates.

Regina shivered unintentionally, and her brain didn't hesitate to create bad thoughts and images of what could be, and what could've happened to them.

Had they been chained?
Tortured?
Were they now mortal?

She didn't know, and although she wished to find out, even against her better judgment, she knew that if she was caught she would surely have a harsh punishment.

Dawn reached for her hand, and held it as she saw the Queen space out.

"My Queen?" She called, but received no answer.

"Regina?"

This time, Regina's eyes flitted towards Dawn's, tears forming and pouring down her cheeks.

Dawn waved away the witches, who sighed, fear and sadness taking over their features, and went into the next room, a living room attached to the bedroom.

She pulled Regina into a hug, and saw how much her new friend had been craving her mate's touch.

She knew that she was a poor substitute, and would never be able to provide the same comfort as the kings would, but there was really nothing else that either of them could do.

Regina continued to cry into Dawn's shoulder, and Dawn patted her back, letting her know that it was okay, she was okay, and that as long as she was with her, she could protect her.

Eventually Regina pulled away, and wiped her eyes, Dawn understanding completely how weird it was to suddenly be a human again, and the toll of the looming threat, combined with that of being away from her mates was having on her.

"Sorry about your shirt." She laughed, and Dawn looked down to see wet patches on her shoulder, from Regina's tears.

"Don't worry about it." Dawn said and smirked, clicked her fingers and the wet patches vanished, as if that weren't there in the first place.

Regina, having never seen magic before Dawn showed up,   widened her eyes, as her jaw dropped.

"Neat."

Dawn walked up to her, reached over and closed it for her, before walking out of the room to where the other witches were.

"Freshen up and then we can talk with my old friends."

***

As she stood before the mirror, and dabbed her eyes with a tissue, her mind came up with multiple solutions as to why the women were there, next door, in her room.

Perhaps they got the wrong room?

Regina shook her head, they knew who was in the room, at the time that they interrupted, so that mustn't be the case.

Where they here to help her, or to help the Romanians in their endeavour?

They didn't look the type to want to commit mass genocide, or even get involved with vampires in the first place, but Regina shook her head at that thought.

She didn't know them, and she had learned from all her years as an immortal, not to judge a book by its cover, or in this case a witch by what she thought that they would do.

As she moved, and was ready to push open the door to the living room, Regina made herself a vow.

Whoever they were, and whatever they wanted, she was Queen now, and she would deal with them accordingly.

Well this is very emotional isn't it?
Sorry bout that btw.

4 more chapters you guys, I hope you're ready.

Hehehe