CHAPTER 23

"I'm headed straight for the castle."

AS REGINA LAID NAKED UNDER THE COVERS, LEGS INTERTWINED WITH CAIUS'S, SHE REALLY COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING MORE PERFECT. But alas all good things must come to an end.

For Regina, that was a knock on the door, and an over-enthusiastic voice which told her to get up.

She didn't want to, she really didn't, and to be honest, neither did Caius, because as she went to get up, he brought an arm around her waist, to hold her in place.

"Noooooo," he whined to her, "Don't go."

And she was fine with not going, until there was another knock on the door.

Jane.

"Heidi's giving you half an hour to get ready." She said, "If you're not ready by then, she's going to go mental."

Regina groaned, and got up, but not before she planted a kiss on Caius's lips.

That was just what she needed. A mental Heidi.

Heidi, was without a doubt, the most enthusiastic shopper of them all, even rivalling that of Alice, who was quite a handful, back at the Cullen's place.

Arguing with her about shopping, was like asking a child that they couldn't get a toy.

There was literally no stopping the woman.

And even if you said no, she'd just ask again, and again, until you agreed to go with her.

She really was that one annoying sister, that got everything she wanted, but was so happy all the time, that you couldn't help but love her for it.

To Regina, Jane was also a very close sister figure to her, as she helped out wherever she could. She hung out with Jane, the most out of all of the guard, which was saying something since before Regina came, Jane wasn't exactly a sociable bunny.

Jane, she felt, was with no better use of the phrase 'weirdly content' with how the others pulled her along, choosing dress after dress after dress. It gave her something to do, other than executing people, reading and playing games.

Felix's girl, Blair, has also come with them, this time around, and like Regina, was not much of a shopper.

She would much rather be elsewhere, but since they all knew of the date that Regina was going on when she got back, she felt the need to help Regina feel pretty, not that Regina knew about it.

And Regina, well, she liked to get the things that she would need, rather than things she wanted.

But the girls would definitely help with that, especially when she had a surprise date, when she went home.

***

A conclusion Regina had indefinitely come up with, given the amount of shopping they had carried, and the fact that even then, they had still continued to shop, was that if she weren't a vampire, she would've probably died of exhaustion by now.

"Guys why are we still here? We've got everything we need?" She whined, but it was no use.

Blair patted her shoulder sympathetically, before they walked into yet another dress shop.

Why they needed so many dresses, Regina had no idea, but as Heidi instantly squealed and pulled Regina with her, she knew that there was no stopping her.

***

After trying on nearly every dress in the shop, Heidi started squealing.

"This one is it!" She cried, as she pushed Regina in the dressing room, to try it on.
"It's perfect!"

Regina smiled widely at her friend's antics, and nodded, while the others just chuckled.

She came back, and twirled in the dress.

She was right.

This was the one.

"You, my friend, have an excellent taste in clothes."

Heidi did a hair flip, and winked.

"I try."

Short but cute.
I think you'll find that the next chapter is a date of sorts.