CHAPTER 31

"And there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying, that I probably shouldn't be so mean."

AS SHE STOOD BEFORE LOUIS, THE ROMANIANS AND DAWN, SHE THOUGHT OF HOW HER MATES, HER LOVERS, HER KINGS, WOULD REACT IF THEY SAW HER AGAIN.

Caius, who from experience, was the most possessive of the three, would probably try and succeed to claim her, time and time again, until either the others joined in, or they were disturbed by a guard, or they had a meeting to go to.

Aro was energetic, for the lack of a better word, far more than any other person she had met.
He was what she would imagine if an overgrown bunny went on steroids.
He was cute, energetic and honestly a terror.
He'd would probably hold her tenderly in his arms, as they watched rom-coms together, or they would dance for days to their favourite tunes.

Marcus, oh sweet Marcus, would do one of two things.
As the more down-to-earth and collected of her kings, he would do things with her that they both thoroughly enjoyed, the things that they had connected through.
Whether that was a walk through the garden, hand-in-hand, or sat in the library cosying up with each other, reading their favourite books to one another.

"Babe," Louis's annoying voice interrupted Regina from her thoughts, yet again."You've been staring at the wall for a good few minutes now."

Pfffft like he actually cared, what an dick.

She blinked and looked to Louis as he was the one that was talking.

And also, Babe? Like seriously?
Regina was not his Babe, nor would she ever be.

As you could probably tell, she had been thinking a lot lately, and Regina had thought that since the kings were down, she would have to step up and act as the last remaining line of royalty.

She was sick of being told how weak and vulnerable she was, as if she were lesser than they were.

"Asshole." She mumbled under her breath, but she knew all the vampires could hear it, she wasn't stupid.

"Language." Stephen said, as Vladimir stood. "If I were you I wouldn't be so mean."

She growled at him. Since when could he tell her what to do? He wasn't in control of her, no-one was, but her.

"Piss off."

Vladimir grabbed her by the throat, and held her up, till her tip-toes only just touched the floor.

"I'm getting tired of you and your smart mouth." Vladimir growled.

Regina choked a little, as she tried to chuckle, which was pretty hard while being choked, but she replied all the same.

"I'm getting tired of you acting like you're all so high and mighty, when really you're a couple of dicks who have a petty little grudge."

And as Vladimir threw her to the ground, Dawn ran towards her and helped her up.

"You okay?" Dawn asked her, to which Regina replied with a simple nod.

But she wasn't.

Soon she would have nothing.

She needed to do something, fast.