CHAPTER 12

"Now my neck is open wide,
begging for a fist around it."

IT ALL HAPPENED FAR TOO QUICK FOR REGINA.

Far too quick.

One minute her friend stood, human, and in the next, a creature of darkness, that had no intention of turning back until sunrise.

In all honesty, Regina had never felt so foolish.

She had known the signs of a werewolf, and when it's about to turn, from the time she had spent with Lloyd, and had ignored all of them.

Now everyone was having to pay the price; a price that may or may not include their lives.

Regina's thoughts were cut off by a howl.

As the werewolf clambered towards her, she was reminded of the first rule about she'd been taught about werewolves: Never ever run.

And in that moment in time she was frozen to the spot, her head clouded with thoughts and doubts, and most of all, dread.

She hoped, above all, that the werewolf would remember her, but she knew that if he did anything that would put anyone in danger, she would have to take him down.

There was a moment when Regina thought she saw Lloyd's chocolate brown irises in the werewolf's eyes, but she didn't dwell on that, because a second later, he lunged towards her.

Quickly stepping aside, Regina saw a face, full of fury and an instinct full of bloodlust, looking back at her, and knew that Lloyd was not there.

"Stop!"

The werewolf stopped for a minute, before a vampire rushed in, cutting off her focus, and allowing the werewolf to move again.

He swiped at her, but something pushed her out of the way.

She hit her head against the floor, and felt it crack open. Groaning, as she felt it repair, she looked up at her saviour.

Cauis.

He had taken a blow to the torso, and normally a blow like that would kill a vampire instantly, but Caius was strong, even in a weak state.

And then he fell.

*****

Marcus and Aro found the two in such a state when they arrived.

Lloyd's werewolf had run off not too long before the two kings arrived, which had left the two vampires together, to apologise to one another.

Caius laid on the floor, with a large black gash torn into his torso, and Regina was knelt before him, dry-sobbing over him, and the entire situation that had come to pass.

Aro, knelt beside her, and pulled her to him, letting her dry-sob into his shirt.

Both of her mates were glad to see her out, but wished it could've been under better circumstances.

Aro gently picked her up, and bridlestyle carried her with him as he walked to his chambers.

Marcus had took to carrying Caius, and had laid him in his own bed, before taking the responsibility of calling Carlisle as he wasn't sure what to do from there.

All they could do now for him is wait.