CHAPTER 7

"I'm headed straight for the castle
They've got the kingdom locked up"

SPRINTING FOOTSTEPS, AND A BANGING ON HER DOOR "WOKE" REGINA FROM THE MEDITATION SHE WAS DOING.

It was the closest thing that vampires had to sleep, and it meant that she could be relaxed. But alas, with all the noise outside, relaxing was something that she couldn't do at this point in time.

She had only just returned to the castle around 15 minutes ago from the shopping she and Jane were doing. It had been sisterly bonding time for the two of them, whilst having the opportunity to buy anything they desired, thanks to the unlimited bank card she now owned.

The knocking on her door happened again, as Jane's voice was heard from outside her room.

"Re, come on, answer the door."

Immediately Regina abandoned all hope of doing anything, and opened the door for Jane to come through.

Upon seeing Jane's panicked face, an emotion that was rare to see from her adopted sister, Regina instantly went into panic mode.

"What's happening?"

"Why is everyone rushing around?"

"Where are my mates?"

Jane took a moment to calm herself, before pulling Regina into a hug. Although Regina was a few inches taller than Jane, the hug still gave Regina a sense of comfort nevertheless.

Taking a deep breath, that she didn't need, Regina closed her eyes and calmed down. Jane pulled away from the hug, and took Regina's hand, talking whilst walking.

"I have no idea what's happening. Everyone just started panicking. Your mates are waiting for you in the tower."

Regina hated the tower. As the most isolated, closed off part of the castle, it was also the safest, she knew this, but she didn't want to end up like the rest of the Queens, forever stuck up there.

Regina sympathised with them, if she were stuck up in a tower for god knows how long, then she too would want to cause some trouble, in the hope of being saved from boredom.

Regina had knew of the two surviving ex-wives, but of course had never met them.

Athenodra and Sulphia were what the Volturi liked to call a rare phenomenon, as upon thinking and loving the Kings as if they were mates, had somehow found their true mates in each other.

***

The tower was as beautiful as it was well-guarded.

Astounding.

The tower consisted of four stone walls, with a window in only one of them. On either side of the lone window, there were curtains draped, crimson like blood, made purely from velvet.

The room was like another bedroom, with a bed directly in the middle, as well as cushions and bean bags strewn everywhere for extra comfort. The carpet was also crimson, and there was a golden and black rug that stretched the width of the room.

When Jane opened the door, and Regina walked through, everyone in the room looked her way.

A guard she had never seen before was stationed outside her door, leaving her, Jane and the kings inside.

Marcus stood up from where he sat on the bed, and came forwards to wear Aro stood, arms crossed, his face showing his mind to he in constant turmoil.

Caius was being Cauis, and was casually sitting on a purple beanbag in the furthest corner of the room, opposite the door Regina had just walked through.

Seeing them all together, in human clothes nonetheless, made her feel all gooey inside, a feeling she couldn't shake.

If the current situation wasn't occurring, and Jane was elsewhere, she wouldn't mind using the bedroom for something other than meditation and comfort, if you know what I mean.

But alas, now was not the time, and besides she'd like to get to know the other two a bit better, before they engaged in such activities together.

"What's going on?"

The Kings all looked at each other, and as Caius stood, they all replied.

"Nothing to worry about. Just stay here with Jane until we return."

They all hugged her and rushed off, before closing the door behind them, not wanting to worry her any further.

I rolled my eyes at them, and collapsed on the bed, "Did you hear them Jane, it's nothing for me to worry about."

Jane sighed, before finding a pile of cushions, laying on top of them, and closing her eyes.

"I don't know. Maybe it's for the best."

Regina moved over, and pushed her face into the cushions that were placed on the bed.

"Sometimes I think that they forget that I'm a vampire; perfectly capable of taking care of myself." She mumbled into the cushions.

Jane just sighed, again. "Mmmhm."

***

The ruckus had ended, but now there was a shouting outside.

Frankly it was rather annoying, and Regina felt that if it carried on any longer, she'd find a way out of the room, and go downstairs purely to give them a piece of her mind.

Regina sighed, rubbed her eyes, and pulled Jane from her resting place, to watch through the window, at what was going on.

Jane grasped Regina's hand, and tried to stop her from watching what was going on, knowing that it would most-likely end in the destruction of whatever creature the man being detained was.

However, Regina plainly refused, and continued to watch through the window, at the situation that was happening in the courtguard, just underneath the clock tower.

She focused on what they were saying, closing her eyes and tilting her head backwards.

Faintly, she could hear the creature's heartbeat, which told her that this was a human, or at least half of one.

Opening her eyes, Regina observed the man, trying to get the slightest glimpse of his face.

And then she saw him.

"Holy shite. Lloyd?"