CHAPTER 10

"Oh all these minutes passing,
sick of feeling used"

THE UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED 3 DAYS AGO, STILL PLAGUED REGINA'S MIND,
AS HER SELF-PITTED ISOLATION LEFT HER WITH ONLY HER THOUGHTS AS COMPANY.

She'd watch through the window, as the flowers began to bloom, as Spring took its toll on the surrounding environment.

All her mates, had tried to remove her from the bedroom, a spare one that no one had use of, but nothing could stir her from her desire to remain separate from her mates, and from any other person that she had come across.

Cauis's words that day, had stung, had hurt her so deeply, that this isolation seemed to be the only solution to the problem she faced.

That problem was trust.

He thought, that, having been used to ruling others, that he could rule her.

But...No.

She had no desire to be ruled, not by her mates, her friends, or anyone.

She had thought that Cauis had changed, but she was wrong. It seemed he was no better than the person he used to be.

***

"Love, you've got to come out eventually." Lloyd said from his position, leaning against the door.

He'd been there for a while now, waiting. But Regina just turned over, and blocked him out.

Though, Regina wasn't stupid.

She knew that soon she would need to feed, but still she didn't want to be near Caius or any of her mates.

She feared that the only reason they wanted her here, was purely for their own benefit.

They didn't seem the type to do that, but let's be honest here, she hadn't even know them that long, and the Kings' reputation surely did proceed them.

"Come on, hun, please talk to me." He called out, but again he got no answer.

He sighed, he knew how bad depression was, and he wasn't going to let her sink into the same hole he did.

So he tried again, but again he got the same reply.

Just silence.