CHAPTER 19

"There's no use crying about it."

HONESTLY, REGINA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. Aro pulled her along many different corridors, before picking her up, and running to... wherever they were going.

When Caius's bedroom came to view though, Regina understood.

Something was wrong.
Seriously wrong.

After Aro had gently placed her back on her feet, and closed the door behind them, he nodded to Carlisle, who then began to speak.

She looked over to the bed, where Caius was laid, blonde hair outlining his face, his eyes were closed.

"Now that everybody's here," Carlisle started, "As you can see," he said, before pulling the covers down from Caius's torso, "the werewolf venom has spread significantly."

Dark lines has spread from the wound, and looked to be moving closer to the heart.

"At the moment, his venom, and the werewolf's venom, are currently battling each other inside him."

Regina held her hands to her mouth. If she could cry, she would.

"This will not stop. At least not until it tears him apart from the inside out."

Aro grasped Regina's hand tightly, as if he was afraid she would disappear, and then Marcus came and took her other hand.

"Without a cure, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do."

Regina yanked her hands from both of her mates, and ran to her bedroom, faster than she has ever run before.

He was dying.

He was dying.

He was dying.

A pressure was put on her chest, and Regina began to sob. She sobbed, and sobbed, until she felt she couldn't anymore.

And then she grew angry, she smashed the glasses that held her favourite flowers on her bedside table, and ripped up pictures of them together.

She didn't know what to do, she thought he was stable, on the way to recovery.

She punched the wall, and sank to the floor.

How did she miss this?

Sooooooo, Caius is not dead, yet...