CHAPTER 22

I know, I know, the last one was really short, I'm sorry.
I can only hope that this one makes up for that.

"There's no use crying about it."

OF COURSE, SHE ENDED UP STOOD OUTSIDE CAIUS'S BEDROOM, EVER SO TEMPTED TO JUST RUN AWAY, BUT SHE REMINDED HERSELF TO HOLD FAST.

In fact, she'd been outside his bedroom for quite a while, to the point where she was seriously overthinking it.

"Are you going to come in or what?"

Regina's head flung up as she heard Caius's voice, embarrassed that he'd caught her out.

Sometimes she actually forgot that they were all vampires.

She opened the door sheepishly, before she looked up, only to be shocked by what she saw.

Caius was out of bed, half-naked, with a bandage wrapped around his torso, and was painting.

On instinct, Regina ran to him, and tried to make him go back to bed, but her efforts were in vain.

He wrapped his arms around her, and placed his forehead against hers, before he reached a hand and brushed a strand of loose hair out of her eyes.

"Hey, it's fine. I'm fine, don't worry."

But she still worried; she really couldn't help it.

You could say that she'd grown attached to her Kings.

Her kings. She liked the sound of that.

He kissed her cheek, before he lead her over to the bed, where he told her to sit.

He took the canvas off of the easel, and spun it round so she could see it.

It was a painting, of her.

She was sat, in her favourite chair, as she read her all-time favourite book, Romeo and Juliet.

He had captured her being beautifully, which made it seem almost realistic.

She was shocked, to say the least.

"I didn't realise you were into art?"

He laughed and put the canvas back, "Well I had to spend my time doing something, during all these years. For Marcus, it's reading, for me, art, and I'm actually not sure what Aro does with his free time."

"So mysterious." She laughed, to which Caius joined in.

After they'd both got over their laughing fits, and sobered up a bit, he looked into her eyes.

"What did you originally come to my room for?" He asked, gently.

"N-Nothing." She had lied. "I just wanted to see you."

He smirked, and she had a nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"And you were hesitant?"

He kissed her mouth, before he pushed her back onto the bed, and hovered above her ever so slightly.

His hands had trapped hers, and he held them either side of her head.

"God, I couldn't imagine why."

When I thought it couldn't get any better,
I got #3 in Songfics!