CHAPTER 24

"They want to make me their queen."

REGINA HAD GOT HOME MORE THAN 2 HOURS AGO, AND YET STILL SHE WAS IN HER BEDROOM. She had had everything done thanks to the girls, no kidding, from washing, to cleansing, and pedicure to manicure, and yet still, she had no idea why they were still working on it.

Athenodora and Sulphia had joined them an hour ago, to see if they could help, and they certainly did, providing the best entertainment: gossip.

But Regina was still confused as to all the sudden attention.

"Guys, guys, it's not like I'm actually going to go on a date."

They all looked at each other, and Regina threw her head back and looked at the ceiling, and closed her eyes.

"I'm going on a date, aren't I?"

Jane was the one who spoke up, as she leaned closer to do Regina's makeup.

"We weren't supposed to tell you. It was going to be a surprise."

Regina's mouth lifted into a smile, because although she didn't necessarily like surprises, she'd got to admit, that this was a good one.

"Aro or Marcus?" She asked, purely out of curiosity.

Sulphia was the one who answered.
"Aro. He wanted to have some alone time with you, that's all. Marcus is busy trimming his flowers, in the garden."

Regina hummed in satisfaction, and parted her lips, so that Jane could put her lipstick on.

Heidi squealed, and helped Regina up, as her and Jane got her into the dress.

Athenodora and Sulphia acted as look outs, with Blair round the corner, to check when he was coming.

The two girls smoothed over the dress, before they looked over to Athenodora and Sulphia who nodded, as Blair cane from round the corner.

"He's on his way."

Heidi clapped her hands, and pulled her over to the door.

"You look perfect."

If only Regina could've blushed, and then she'd be a tomato.

"He's here."

They both stood out of the way, as Jane opened the door for her, but not before Regina thanked every single one of them.

She looked up, and there he was. He stood outside her door, a bouquet of roses in his hand.

They caught each other's eyes, and smiled as they drifted towards each other subconsciously.

"These are for you." He said, and Regina smelt them. They were fresh, newly-picked, and smelt beautiful.

Regina handed them over to Blair, and she brought a vase that stood on the bedside table.

Aro held out his arm for her, and she took it gladly.

"I see the girls got to you. You look radiant, my queen."

That was it, that was all it took for her to explain through the contents of everything that happened to her that day so far. 

Aro nodded and listened well to Regina as she rambled on.

He liked this, he liked hearing what she'd done and her reactions to it all. He liked how she smiled as she remembered, and laughed at the simple things.

He loved her. All of her; even her ramblings.

Regina saw that Aro was staring into space, smiling, and immediately backtracked.

"I'm rambling aren't I?"

He laughed. It was a sudden sound, and to be honest, awfully rare.

She knew that he was warming up to the idea of her being his mate, after they all had waited for so long. And she yearned for him to laugh some more, she yearned to make him happy.

"I'm sorry."

He turned to her, and it was so quick, she thought he would get whiplash.

"What're you sorry for?" He asked.

When she was about to answer, he put a finger to her lips and smiled at her.

"I love you. I love all of you, and if your ramblings come with that, I love them too."

She smiled, and he released his finger from her lips.

He had lead her to the courtroom, now decorated with red and black and silver tinsel.

A piano laid on the steps, next to the thrones. It was then, when Regina did a double-take, did she see Alec, poised to play.

They danced all day and all night, song after song. Both wanted to preserve the memory forever; both knew it would be written in their hearts.

And neither wanted to let go, so they didn't.

Neither of them saw, but in the corner, where he was, Alec's eyes were filled with venom, at the sight of his friend, and his King together.

It's long, I know.
But I hoped you like it.
Btw it's going to get interesting in the next chapter.

^-^