CHAPTER 26

"I'm headed straight for the castle."

THE KING, AS IT TURNED OUT, WASN'T THE KING AT ALL, BUT A COVER FOR THE REAL ROYAL - THE QUEEN. The 'king', Dominic she had called him, who stood to her side, apparently turned out to be the Queen's advisor.

She didn't sit, like they all had expected her to, instead she stared at the vampires, in order to find out if they were lying.

When her eyes caught glance of Jane's, she gasped, as she put a hand in front of her mouth.

Jane's hand left Regina's, and they moved towards each other. Alec and Alan tried to stop Jane from moving, but Marcus put out a hand, and motioned for them to halt their actions.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Marcus slip Aro his hand, and she knew that he had seen what Marcus had saw, something that she could see without the gift, the bond between the two women.

They were mates. That much was pretty obvious, to her anyway.

"My queen?" Dominic asked, concerned for her, but were cut of by Aro, as he stated the obvious.

"You're mates."

Regina rolled her eyes, at that statement, and a smile threatened to tug on her lips.

"Indeed we are."

It was then, that she came down from the steps, before she stopped, directly in front of Jane.

Almost afraid to touch her, the Queen reached out a hand and traced her cheek, before she pulled away, and smiled gently.

"Hello, Mate. What is your name?"

Jane was quick to answer, and didn't hesitate, at any point.
"Jane."

The Queen repeated her name a few more times, before she spoke again.

"Beautiful."

*****

Regina found herself later, planted on a sofa, her hands tangled in Marcus's hair, as he sat between her legs on the floor, and Aro's head on her shoulder, his arm around her waist.

The Queen, or rather Freya as she later told them, had seated herself on the sofa directly opposite them. With her hands intertwined with Jane's, the two new-found lovers talked amongst themselves.

To anyone else, the way they looked at each other with so much love, and compassion, meant that it was hard not to instantly be happy for them.

"Do you think it all will be okay?" She whispered to her two kings that she held so close to her.

"I think we just have to hope."