CHAPTER 28

"And there's an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut."

THE FIGHT AGAINST THE ROUGES PROVED EASY ENOUGH, AND WITH NO FURTHER LEAD ON A CURE, THEY HEADED HOME, EAGER TO BE BACK WHERE THEY BELONGED. Of course, Jane had wanted to stay, if not to get to know her mate a little, but if possible, to continue the search. It took some major persuading from Regina, but eventually the Kings her go, and wished the two of them well.

Freya had thanked them for taking care of her, and even invited Alec to stay with them as well, just to make her mate more comfortable.

It was this move, that proved to be a major mistake, on the Volturi's part, because as soon as they arrived to Volterra, they could sense that something was wrong.

Not only was blood trailed up the once clean halls, but their paintings ruined, window smashed, and a rotten smell around every corner.

It was at the court room, where ironically they found the heart of the problem.

On each of their thrones sat a figure, who upon further notice turned out to be the Romanians, and another vampire that the Kings did not know.

But Regina did.

After so long, he finally showed his face to her again.

Him; her creator; her father's murderer.

*****

"How did you get in?" Aro exclaimed, frustrated and angry that the Romanians were stupid enough to attempt such a thing, two or so, against an entire coven.

Vladimir, who proved to be as insane as he was when they joined the Cullens earlier, laughed humorously, "We had help."

At that cue, growls were heard, the same growls of the rogues they had fought just a day before. Surely this was not a coincidence?

Vladimir stood from Aro's throne, and walked casually down the steps.

He watched as Aro and Marcus, and the rest of the guard planted themselves between them, and clicked his fingers.

A girl, wearing all black, and a murderous smile painted across her lips appeared to his left, and caused everyone to drop to the floor in pain.

They all knew what she was, and she was extremely rare.

A dark witch.

Vladimir came, stood in front of a crouched Regina, and lifted her chin to look up at him.

"My, my, you're a pretty little thing aren't you."

Instantly Regina cringed in disgust, and turned her head, but he took it and forced it back to look at him, his fingers squeezing her cheeks, leaving cracks in their place.

"I see why Louis took interest in you."

At the mention of his name, he stood, and Regina sent him a glare strong enough to send him six feet under.

"Oh, don't be like that, my dear, after all I got you a present."

The doors opened, and dragged by some rogues, was Caius and Carlisle beaten and broken, having obviously been tortured to quite some extent.

Regina let out a cry, and collapsed to the ground, as the Kings did their best to calm her, even as their resolve was crumbling.

Caius looked at her, and for a moment she saw his mouth move. He seemed to be apologising to her, but she shook her head; she did not want to believe what had begun to happen before her.

"I'm sorry." Carlisle whispered as he hung his head, and that made her sob some more.

Louis grabbed her, and made her stand on her feet, before he held her at the waist.

Of course, Regina had struggled, clearly uncomfortable with how close he was to her, but he wouldn't let her go, making cracks form at her waist.

She cried out, and screamed in frustration when she couldn't escape his grip.

"Oh shut up, you stupid little girl."

And she did, she had to, otherwise she would suffer the consequences.

Vladimir motioned for the girl to come forward, and she did. She went to Regina, and clutched her face. Regina felt a sharp pain go through her entire body, like nothing she'd ever experienced before, and gasped, as a silver stream came from her mouth, and got absorbed by the girl's body.

"It's extraordinary, isn't it?" Vladimir praised.
"Witches have been around since we have, and yet are rarely mentioned at all throughout history. As you can see, they also have the power to give or take immortality."

Louis pulled back her hair, and exposed her neck to Vladimir, who stepped forward, and wrapped his hand round Regina's throat tight.

She gasped desperately for breath, and he released her, not before he made sure everyone saw a red handprint of his, as it started to blossom.

Growls erupted from the kings, and all those that were in the Queen's favour.

"Tut, tut, tut." Vladimir shook his head, and wagged his finger, as if he was a parent telling off his child.

"Do not growl, you Volturi, otherwise your head will be pinned to a stake."

Marcus, ever the rational thinker, spoke with some hesitation.

"What do you want?"

"Her," he said pointing his index finger at Regina, before continuing, "Control; power, and most of all you, to suffer as we did."

Aro, being well, Aro, bit back.
"I'd rather die."

Vlad-the-mad-lad smiled crookedly, and sat back on his throne.
"That can be arranged."

I know I know I missed out them fighting the rouges, but that's only because I'm not really good at writing action stuff?
If you want I can go back, and add it into the last chapter, but for now, this is how it will be.

Also sorry it's so long.

^-^