CHAPTER 29

The last one was pretty dark, wasn't it?

All I can tell you now, is that it's not over yet.

"Straight for the castle."

IT REALLY SURPRISED REGINA, TO FIND OUT WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUE. It had been arranged, in fact, pretty much everything had. Everything from gathering rogue allies, to taking care of any acts of rebellion or uprising that were made in protest of their rule.

Regina had, as ordered by Louis who somehow hadn't killed her yet, been forced to take refuge in her bedroom.

Meanwhile, her mates and the guards had all been turned mortal, and were held up in the dungeons, directly below the castle.

Inside her mind, Louis treated her as though she was just another woman that he could manipulate. But on the outside, she made sure that it looked like it didn't effect her, and even if it did, she couldn't speak out about it.

The only pro to the situation she was in, was that she was able to gain info, about her and the other's situation and how they could reverse it.

For example, the only way she could get her, and everyone else's immortality back, was to either kill the dark witch or get a light witch to reserve the curse.

Neither option seemed to be rather plausible at the time being, which meant for now, they were all stuck as mortals.

She wished things had been different, but she also knew that she had no power to control, as her immortality was taken, so was her gift, eventhough she knew and remembered having her powers during childhood and adolescence.

Her bedroom door had been pushed open so suddenly that she very nearly jumped out of her skin.

The woman, the dark witch came through, not even bothering to ask if she could.

She waved her hand, and Regina was dragged towards her by dark tendrils.

"Louis demands your presence." And when Regina didn't move, the tendrils tightened around her waist. "Now!"

That made her hurry along, and soon she was pulled to a table, with some steak, and veg, and a cup of wine for her, and a few bodies on the floor for him to drink from.

She sat on the seat that the girl pulled out, directly across from Louis, who sat elegantly at the head of the table.

Louis dismissed the girl, so that he could talk to Regina in private, without any interruptions.

It was quite a few minutes of awkward silence, before he coughed to capture her attention, to which she looked up at him and glared.

"Why don't you talk?" He growled at her, and she tried her best to remain unphased.

That in itself was hard, as her heart thumped just slightly more than usual; she prayed that he wouldn't be able to hear it.

"You killed my father."

He groaned, and then he spoke. "He was suffering.
I watched him, and I watched you watch him.
I wasn't just passing, I'd been there for quite a while.
I saw what you and your mother's deaths did to him.
I ended that suffering; really you should be thanking me."

It was Regina's turn to growl, this whole conversation had clearly hit a sore spot.

Her jaw and her fists clenched, and her knuckles turn white, as she gritted her teeth.

"You killed him; I will never forgive for that."

"Oh I think you will."

Sorry for how short this is.

^-^