CHAPTER 9

"Straight for the castle."

TO SAY REGINA WAS SHOCKED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. She really thought that a mate was supposed to be supportive of her, no matter how rash her choices may have been, especially in the past.

So, when Caius, the one King she had spent the most time with, attacked her best friend, cut her off, and then basically told her to shut up, Regina was more than outraged.

She don't know what vendetta Caius had against Lloyd and his kind, but she wasn't up for it; she couldn't even have friends now, it seemed.

Regina hadn't realised it before, but at this moment the castle had begun to feel less of a home, and more of a prison.

Restrictions had been set, and secrets had been kept, and although they were all respecting each other's privacy, she felt that they should be more open with each other. They were mates, after all.

The only reason she didn't tell of Lloyd, was because she didn't see any relevance in the matter, but now she wished she had done, because if her relationship with one of her best friends effected her relationship with her mate, she wasn't sure she wanted to be with him.

Yes, admittedly she couldn't just turn away, he was her mate after all, and she felt she should give the other boys a chance, but if it all ended in heartbreak, it was better than forcing herself to love someone who didn't love and accept all of her, and what she had to offer.

She was supposed to be happy, but she wasn't. She had three mates, and one she hadn't even had a proper conversation with yet.

How stupid was she, to think that she could get three of the top vampires of the world, the Volturi no less, to love her?

She was pulled violently from her thoughts when Marcus, came and stood in front of her, pulling her into a hug, seeing how upset she was.

Marcus, seemed to be a man of few words, it seemed. This was something, that she took comfort in, knowing that she didn't need to speak, to express how she was feeling.

She put her head on his shoulder, as she wrapped her arms around him. From her position, she could clearly see over Marcus's shoulder, to where Caius and Lloyd was.

Not that she wanted to, cause all she wanted at that moment was to disappear.

***

Aro, who had previously been torn between comforting his mate, and finding out what this werewolf was here for, took it upon himself to calm Caius down, seeing that Marcus has already took to comforting Regina.

He knew of Caius's bad history with the children of the moon, but he also knew that Regina and this werewolf were indeed great friends; he didn't need to be a mind reader to know that.

"Caius leave it. The boy is good for Regina."

Caius dropped Lloyd, and swished his robe behind him, like Batman with his cape, before he sauntered off.

Aro sighed, before he gave Lloyd a hand, to which Lloyd looked skeptically at.

As he pulled the werewolf up, he assessed every thought and memory, including those of his time with Regina.