CHAPTER 27

"They've got the kingdom locked up."

IT WAS MIDDAY WHEN SOME ROGUES WERE SIGHTED WITHIN THE PALACE GATES. Of course, at the time Regina, like the bookworm she was, was in the library, completely oblivious to the world, when the news came in.

Marcus had been sent to collect her, to keep her safe, whilst the others fought the rouges together.

But Marcus knew that she was headstrong, after all he saw it every day in her, and he knew that if something posed a threat to her family, she'd gladly use her powers and abilities to get rid of them.

As Jane's mate, that invitation now stretched to Queen Freya, and in turn the kingdom of werewolves.

Another page flicked, and she was finished. She closed the book, and wandered to the bookshelf to place it back.

She passed the door, and immersed entirely in her own world, completely missed the fact that he was there.

Normally his scent would be enough to give her a clue, but since she had a jumper of his on, and he smelled of books and cinnamon, she was immersed in his scent already.

A chuckle brought her to the real world, where she did a double-take and saw Marcus.

He had been leant on the doorframe, arms crossed, a smile of fondness on his face, as he saw she was in her element, and how much she reminded him of him.

"Mio Amore," he whispered, as he strode towards her. He took her face, in his hands, and pressed his lips on hers.

She suppressed a moan as he bit her lip, and again as their mouths battled for dominance.

He had pushed her against the empty wall, and smiled into the kiss, as she wrapped her legs tightly around him.

Unfortunately their heated make-out session had to be interrupted by a knock on the door.

Alec's voice spoke from the other side.

"My King and my Queen, the rest are almost ready."

As soon as they knew he had left them, they both groaned in frustration, but promised each other that they would continue later, when all was done.

He placed her back on her feet, before he combed her hair with his fingers, and traced her cheek.

"How long were you standing there?"

She asked, almost afraid of the answer. It would've been most embarrassing if he had been there for quite a while, without her noticing.

He chuckled, and as he brought her into a hug, she felt his chest vibrate as he did.

Not before long, he pulled away, as kissed her on the forehead, and looked into her eyes.

"Long enough to realise that you're adorable when you're nose-deep in books."

*****

Indeed, when they arrived, and after Marcus had helped her into some spare armour, eventhough she didn't need it, the two met up with the rest of them, who looked at them with a twinkle in their eyes.

Aro came forward, and kissed her on the lips, before he raised an eyebrow.

"And pray tell, what were you two doing all this time?"

Regina looked to Marcus, and Marcus looked to Regina, and both of them erupted in laughter, which made them hold each other for support in standing upright.

"They were deffo hooking up." A werewolf mumbled to another, not too far from them.

Instantly a glare was sent to them, and eventually they learnt to just be quiet.

Vampires it seemed, were incredibly territorial,especially amongst those seen as a threat.

And at the moment, since they didn't know what to expect from them, the werewolves were included in that.

The next one is going to be so cringeworthy, just warning y'all.