CHAPTER 16

"I'm headed straight for the castle,
they got the kingdom locked up."

THE MOMENT REGINA KNEW LLOYD WAS AWAKE, AND NOT TRYING TO KILL EVERYONE, SHE WAS ECSTATIC. She'd been out for a little trip around town with the girls, the ex-queens, Jane, and Heidi, Demetri's mate, when the news came in; a pinging on the recently-bought phone the kings had presented her with.

Obviously with arms full of shopping, she couldn't jump for joy, but her smile definitely widened, and her mood brightened.

The other girls pulled her along, and after getting some souvenirs for Lloyd, they immediately headed home.

Of course the kings, and the rest of the guard were there to greet them, and as Felix took her bags, Demetri gently pushed her in the way of the kings, who stood posed to leave.

She smiled at the guards, before she kissed each of her kings on the cheek. They walked down the corridor together, both of their arms hooked with hers, as they discussed matters concerning one of her best friends.

"According to the guard, Lloyd awoke earlier this morning, just after you had left."

Aro explained to her, before Marcus joined the conversation.

"We moved him to a bedroom, the one next to mine and yours, just in case anything happens."

She nodded that she understood, before coming to the corridor that their bedroom was on. That was where the two kings stopped, as they knew that the two would want to catch up with each other.

"This is where we take our leave, Mio Amore." Marcus sighed, before he smiled at her gently, "I hope you two have a good time."

She hugged him, before she turned to Aro, who pulled her close, and spoke.

"Remember that dinner is in a few hours."

She nodded, and the three went their separate ways.

*****

When she approached Lloyd's bedroom, she wasn't quite sure what she expected him to be like.

In all honestly, she expected Lloyd to be in bad shape, but what she didn't expect, was to find him with the guard placed outside his bedroom, sat on his bed, very close to each other, casually chatting away.

She had peeked through the crack of the door, that wasn't quite shut properly, and rethought her decision to enter. Although she wanted to talk to him, and see how he was doing, she could see that the two were obviously connected somehow.

She went to turn away, but it seemed Lloyd had already sensed her, as the two stopped their conversation.

"Regina?"

She opened the door a little more, before she popped her head in.

She stumbled a little on her words, a little embarrassed that they had caught her as she spied on them.

"I-I-I'm sorry. Uh, I was going to knock, but you two looked like you were happy, and uh you were in the middle of a conversation, and-"

"Hey, hey."

Lloyd, as he saw her distress, stood, and wrapped his arms around her. He held her to his chest, and waited till she calmed down a little.

He stroked her hair a little, like he used to when she became a little emotional, before he pulled her away, and held her at arm's length.

"Hey," he said, and lifted her chin, so she would look him in the eyes, "Hey, don't worry about it."

She smiled, before she realised that the guard was still in the room. She frowned a little, before she motioned to him.

"Guard, I've got it from here."

Immediately he upped and left, but not before he glanced and the two and smiled.

*****

"So, you and the guard, huh?"

Regina asked, as she wiggled her eyebrows at him.

He shook his head at her childish antics, and laid across the width of the bed; Regina followed his actions, and ended up laid next to him.

"Me and Alan, were just talking that's all."

Regina's grin widened at his confession.

"Already on a first-name basis I see."

Lloyd scratched the back of his neck, and Regina could see the faintest of blushes on his cheeks.

"No?" He said, before Regina gave him a look, to which he sighed. "Yes?"

"Really it's nothing." Regina just smirked.

"Whatever you say Mr. Wolf."