"Rowans not who you think she is"

26

Rowan's POV

"Do you want me to shoot first or you?" I ask cocking back my gun.

"That won't be necessary Rowan." A deep voice speaks walking out behind the men.

Fucking, Joseph

I huff clutching my knees "you dick, I was ready to blow your brains off."

"My apologies, Rowan"

I peer next to him seeing Carson and mom still tied up "explain to me why my family is knocked out, tied up." I hold my gun tightly next to me Incase he's not who he says he is.

"Oh yeah, well you wouldn't answer your phone so me and my men decided to come see if you were home, the boy pulled a gun and the mom threw a knife at my balls." He smiles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sleep antidote?"

"Sleep antidote." He confirms.

I sigh tucking my gun in my waist ban walking over to them. I untie Carson putting my arm across his chest so he doesn't fall forward. I pick him up throwing him over my shoulder bringing him to the couch we have in the basement. I grunt throwing him on the black leather, I go over to mom but see the men whisper shouting who gets to untie her, more like two guys a tall broad one with a buzz cut and one bald.

I clear my throat crossing my arms. "Sorry Mrs." they stand up straight.

I shake my head "you can have the pleasure buzz cut." I point to the attractive older men, maybe mom can get laid.

He nods untiring her carefully picking her up gently, placing her softly on the couch next to Carson.

New dad?

I don't know maybe I'll ask mom once she fucking wakes up. The men stand straight, hands behind there back. They stare at me like I'm supposed to do something. I shrug going over to the couch sitting next to my unconscious mother and brother. I scroll through the tv deciding on watching Toy Story 3.

The men clutter around me peering over at the tv, they all find a place watching toy story with me. I mentally laugh because a bunch of scaring looking men are watching a child movie, even Joseph is in tranced in the movie.

"Question." I ask pausing the movie. They look over at waiting for me to speak.

"Why did you come here, I mean I doubt you came to say hello, so what's up."

Joseph clears his throat " we-uh, wanted to know what we're going to do about your father." He asks shyly.

I nod pursing my lips "well, to be honest my father is my last worry, as of right now, my friend Toddy has gone missing, I know his location you guys want to go find him?" I shrug.

Joseph shares looks with his men before nodding at me. I stand up but abruptly stop "what about them?" I point at mom and Carson.

Joseph tilts his head rubbing his chin "leave a note?"

I nod shrugging going up to the kitchen, I hear multiple steel toe boots following behind me closely. I grab a sheet of paper and pen telling mom that not to worry about me and those men, I know them. I sign love Rowan behind grabbing my car keys heading to my car.

"Follow my car, if you get lost call me." I reply shortly getting in my Jeep starting the ignition.

I punch in the location Dylan had given me Friday into the GPS. Luckily it's only a twenty minute drive from here.