1

Despair

Pain

Loneliness

Depression

Guilt

A few words that described Shadow's mindset. For all the time he's spend without Maria. He's been miserable. The darkness consumed him and all he felt as sadness. He felt alone all the time, expect for Rouge.

But she was either with him or at her job being a spy. He appreciated Rouge for her friendship as a sister. But he still felt empty. Rouge was not Maria.

Everyone on Mobius did not like Shadow. He has been sent hate mail, has been cyber bullied non stop by hundreds of random people, Even the people he knew didn't care for him. Tails, Knuckles, Amy. All of them hated him with a passion.

He couldn't take much more of this life. He doesn't want to live like this. He didn't care about himself anymore. His once clean apartment was filled with trash and clutter. His strong figure was reduced to a caved in stomach from not feeding himself. Hygiene sometimes goes out the window. Nightmares and night terrors keep him up at night. No sleep for large periods of time.

He even took up drinking heavy liquor and booze to stop feeling like crap. Being drunk sometimes helps but most of the time, makes him sick. But he's not drunk all the time. But honestly he felt like he was.

He's just given up.