17

After a long twenty minutes of Shadow uncontrollably crying his eyes out, he finally start to settle.

Sonic noticed Shadow's decreased cries. He looked down at his shaking love in his arms. Shadow kept his face hidden in Sonic's warm chest. "Shadow?"

Shadow kept quiet and continued to tremble.

"Shadow we should get you back to your room. The whole hospital is looking for you. Rouge included." Sonic spoke.

Shadow shook his head.

"Why not? Tell me what's wrong Shadow. I want to help you."

"*sniff* T-They'll just tie m-me to the b-bed again. A-And knock me o-out with drugs. L-Like they d-did before." He finally spoke.

Sonic took one of his hands and cupped Shadow's cheek. "I won't let them do that Shadow. You're safe with me. But you have to trust me okay?"

Shadow sniff and nodded.

"Alright then, let's go."

"C-Can we stay like t-this for a little longer?" Shadow said with a hard blush on his face. Clearly embarrassed.

Sonic's muzzle blushed a light pink when he heard Shadow's request. "I suppose a few more minutes won't make a difference." Sonic smiled as he rested his head on Shadow's.

"Is this okay? You said before that you don't feel comfortable when people touch you." Sonic asked.

Shadow nodded. 'Usually I am. B-But when I'm with him I feel...warm.' He thought.

(10 minutes later)

Sonic never wanted his time with Shadow to end but he had to get him back to his hospital room. Sonic noticed Shadow was really quiet.

He looked down and saw Shadow's eyes closed. Sonic listened to Shadow's breathing and concluded he had fallen asleep.

'After all the turmoil he has gone through today, I don't blame him for being exhausted. Stuff like this is too much for anyone to handle.' He thought.

Sonic gently stroked Shadow's tear stained muzzle as he slept in his arms. 'But I gotta admit. Shadow looks so cute and peaceful when he's asleep.' Sonic smiled and carefully lifted Shadow into bridal style.

Sonic made his way down to Shadow room. Trying to sneak past any staff he could for less confrontation about Shadow's disappearance. 'If Dr. Murphy finds out what Shadow was planning to do on the roof than there's no chance that Shadow will come home with us. He'll be stuck in the psych ward for months!'

Suddenly he felt Shadow stir in his arms.

Shadow opened his eyes and saw he was being carried. A bright red blush appeared on his muzzle. "Sonic-"

"Shh.." Sonic finally made it to Shadow's room without anyone seeing them. He gently placed Shadow on his bed lying down.

"W-What happened? I thought we were on the-"

"I know. We were, but then you fell asleep so I thought I'd bring you back here. Remember, the whole hospital is searching for you. And that your back here we need to go over what your going to say to Dr. Murphy."

"Who's that?" Shadow asked.

"The doctor in charge of your case. He wants to send you to the psych ward here in the hospital."

Shadow's eyes widened as he began to shake and panic again.

Sonic saw his reaction and cupped Shadow's muzzle again. "There's no need to panic. I won't let them take you away. We'll just have to make something up for now."