24

Shadow opened Rouge's passenger door and stepped into her nice car. "Morning." He greeted.

"Morning." She said back. Rouge was wearing a a black t-shirt and jean shorts. She eyed Shadow as she drove out into the road. She noticed Shadow's bandaged hand. "What happened to your hand? Don't tell me you were cutting again." She spat.

"Sonic and I were making breakfast yesterday and I accidentally burned my hand on the stove." He explained. "And I swore I wouldn't do that anymore Rouge."

Rouge didn't speak after that. She just kept driving in silence.

Shadow just kept his head down and stayed quiet as well.

After a few minutes of driving, Rouge pulled up into her drive way. She shut off her car and stepped out, as did Shadow. Rouge walked up to her front door and let Shadow in.

Rouge's house was small but very roomy. A small living room that lead to a kitchen, two bedrooms, and one bathroom.

"I'll show you to your room." Rouge said and she walked to the extra room. Shadow followed her.

Shadow stepped inside his new room and saw a plain room with a twin sized bed. He put his bag down on the bed and sat down.

"Get settled in and come to my room. We need to talk." Rouge instructed.

Shadow nodded and watched as Rouge walked out the door. He sighed deeply and pulled out his phone. He started to text Sonic.

Sh: Just letting you know I'm at Rouge's house.

S: Good, everything okay?

Sh: For now, but she wants to have a talk with me. I'm a little worried about that.

S: It's gonna be okay my love💙🖤Text me if there ANY trouble. I love you😘

Sh: I love you too😘

Shadow put his phone in his pocket and stood up. He walked out of the room and walked to Rouge's. He knocked on the door.

"It's unlocked." She called.

Shadow opened the door with a shaky hand. He saw Rouge sitting on her bed, looking rather frustrated.

"You wanted to talk?" He spoke to break the tension.

"I think you know why Shadow. So tell me, in detail, why did you try to kill yourself? No excuses or sobbing. Speak." Rouge spat.

"I told you in the hospital. I didn't want to be here anymore. I couldn't take the relentless hate I get from everyone. A-And after the Sonic's party...*tears start welling up*...It got ten times worse. I was done."

Rouge shook her head. "You said that I was never there for you when you needed me. Do you still think that?"

"Rouge I didn't-"

"Yes or no!" She shouted.

"Please let me explain-"

"It's a yes or no question Shadow! Answer it!"

"Before my attempt yes!" Shadow shouted.

Rouge stood up with a face filled with anger. "That is a lie and you know it!"

"Whenever I needed to talk you, whenever I needed to see you, whenever I just wanted to know that the person I called a sister was there for me YOU WERE WORKING! YOU WEREN'T THERE!"

Rouge slapped Shadow across the face.

"THIS WAS ALL YOUR CHOICE! YOU WERE STUPID ENOUGH TO PULL A STUNT LIKE THAT! NOW YOU PAY THE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS!" Rouge raged as she pulled out Shadow's suicide note.

Shadow shook where he stood. His shaking hand on his now bruised cheek.

"Read it or I call the hospital!"

Shadow shook his head. He was about to walk out until Rouge gripped his hurt hand. His face turned from sadness to pain.

"I swear Shadow the hedgehog! Do what I say or your locked away for months!" She shouted in his face.

Shadow looked at Rouge and saw tears streaming down her face.

After Rouge gripping Shadow wounded hand, it started to bleed. Finally, Rouge let go and pushed Shadow violently.

"Rouge?"

"Leave me alone! Get out of here!" Rouge crumpled the note and threw it at Shadow.

Shadow's tears started to fall as he picked up the note and left the room.

Rouge came up and slammed the door behind him.