23

(The next morning)

Shadow was sleeping in his bed when a knock had awoken him. His eyes slowly opened as he rubbed his eyes. "Yeah?" He yawned.

"Can I come in?" Sonic's voice asked.

"Yes." Shadow yawned as he sat up.

Sonic walked in with bed head quills, a red tank top, and green pj pants. "It's 9:00, Rouge will be here soon. You need to get yourself ready." Sonic said as he sat next to his new boyfriend.

Shadow nodded and started to think about the last time he saw Rouge.

Sonic saw his discomfort and held his hand. "If your worried about what she said about your note, you have my number. Call me. I'll come pick you up. But Rouge and I had an agreement. It's her day to take care of you." Sonic comforted.

"I understand, and thank you Sonic. For everything." Shadow said and gently kissed Sonic's cheek.

Sonic blushed and smiled. "Your welcome Shadow. Now, I'll let you get dressed..." Sonic kissed Shadow's hand, "My love."

Shadow smiled and chuckled in happiness as Sonic left the room. Shadow rose from his bed and got into his bag of clothes. He removed his pjs and changed his underwear. He looked his naked and damaged body. He traced his hand over his ribs and eyed his cutting scars. 'Does Sonic even realize what he's getting himself into? Who would want to date someone who looks as ugly as this?' Shadow thought. Tears started to appear as he pulled out a long sleeve white shirt, black jeans, and a green pair of panties. He slipped on his underwear and jeans.

"Shadow! Rouge is here!" Sonic called.

"Okay!" Shadow answered as he put on his shirt. He wiped away his tears and breathed in and out. Shadow grabbed his bag and walked out of his room.

"She waiting outside." Sonic said as Shadow walked by him. But he noticed Shadow's sad eyes, and a little red from tears. Sonic took a hold of his frail arm.

"What is it Sonic?" He asked.

"Tell me what's wrong my love." Sonic insisted.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"I can tell you've been crying Shadow. So what's the matter? Is it Rouge?"

"*sigh* N-No, I just took a hard look at myself while I was getting dressed. A-And I let my emotions take over. I'm fine Sonic." Shadow explained trying not to cry again.

Sonic wrapped his arms around his lover and gazed into his ruby eyes. "Remember what I told you yesterday? You can only get better from here. Right?"

Shadow nodded and snuggled into Sonic's chest. "Right." He spoke.

"And one more thing." Sonic said.

"What?"

Sonic cupped Shadow's cheek and made sure Shadow was looking in his eyes. "No matter how hard you look at yourself and say negative things about your appearance. Remember that I love you and you are the most beautiful hedgehog I have ever laid my eyes on." Sonic said as he kissed Shadow on his lips.

Shadow's eyes widened in surprise, but a second later, he relaxed and returned the gentle kiss.

Sonic broke it and stroked Shadow's cheek. "Sorry, I know you wanted to take it slow but. I thought you could use a little more love today." Sonic chuckled.

Shadow let out a giggle. "I actually enjoyed it. So thank you."

A loud car horn filled the air.

"Looks like Rouge is done waiting." Shadow spoke.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Call me if you need to talk. I love you." Sonic said.

"I love you too Sonic." Shadow said.

They shared another loving kiss on the lips before Shadow walked out the door.