6

Complete silence between the two of them.

Shadow was in complete shock.

Sonic just had a light blush and a smile on his face.

"Can you please say something. I'm starting to feel a little awkward." Sonic chuckled.

"I-I'm just-"

"Shocked? Sickened? Surprised? Disgusted?"

"Shocked yes, but I'm not disgusted. Why would you think that?" Shadow asked.

"Because honestly, your the first person I've told and you just never know who is homophobic and who isn't."

Shadow stayed silent. Not knowing what to do with this information.

"Don't feel weird about this Shadow. It was meant to make you feel better. Not make you feel worse." Sonic explained.

"That's the point Sonic. You shouldn't have said that to make me feel good, you should have said that to someone you trust with this information. This is your secret and your feelings not mine." Shadow preached.

"I do trust you Shadow. More than you know. I told you because I know you can keep a secret and I do feel comfortable enough to tell you something like this. And I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way." Sonic stated.

"I'm sorry I reacted like that." Shadow said.

"It's okay Shadow. I understand why you did. I mean, that's pretty big information. That's also why I told you about my so called 'self-discovery journey'. That's mainly what I was talking about. I tried to figure out who I was and who I had feeling for. Now finally, I've figured it out. And I'm happy with who I am now." Sonic explained.

Shadow was actually quite touched by Sonic's speech. But he felt in debt to him now. Like he needed to tell him something too.

"I'm not a normal male." He said with a hard blush on his face.

Sonic gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" He asked.

Shadow released a heavy sigh and took a seat by the flower bed.

Sonic did the same with his full attention to Shadow.

"When I was created, Professor Robotnik thought it was a good idea to make a male creature but give that male the ability to reproduce. So he gave me a female reproductive system instead of a males." Shadow explained with a deep blush still on his face.

Sonic had also developed a blush on his face. "Wow." He said in astonishment.

"Shocked? Disgusted?" Shadow mimicked.

"Just shocked really. There's no reason to be disgusted over it. That's just how your body is. So if I may, can I ask you a question about it?"

"What?" Shadow asked rather curious.

"Does that mean your straight or gay? If you don't mind me asking. You don't have to answer if you-"

"If I'm being honest with myself then...I don't really know. I've never really been attracted to anyone like that before. So I just don't know how to answer that. But really, who would want to date or love someone like me? I'm not exactly a normal hedgehog." Shadow replied.

"Shadow, you shouldn't put yourself down like that. Somewhere out there in the world, there is someone who is perfect for you and would love to spend the rest of your life with you." Sonic spoke.

Shadow didn't respond. He didn't know how to. That's how shocked he was.

"And screw being normal. Being gay isn't exactly normal around here. Sometimes I wish it was but Mobius just isn't there yet. So, just let me know if you ever want to talk about things like this. Because, I'm right there with ya." Sonic preached.

Shadow had never felt more accepted in his life. It made him want to cry, but he didn't want to around Sonic.

"Sonic?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

Sonic smiled at Shadow and nodded. "Your welcome."

The two hedgehogs engaged in more conversations. Over this time each one was getting more comfortable around the other. Forming their newly found bond.

Time had passed and the sun was beginning to set. Sonic and Shadow said their farewells and parted ways for the day.

After some more time had passed, Shadow made it back to his apartment. He felt good. Empowered. Not alone. He liked feeling this way. He never wanted it to stop.

His phone ringed with a text notification.

He pulled out his phone and saw Sonic had texted him.

S: I forgot to ask! Are you going to my party tomorrow?

'I completely forgot about the party! I mean...should I go? I did have fun today...and Sonic is pretty set on me going.' Shadow thought. Than he started to type.

Sh: Yes, I'm going.

S: Yay! I'm so excited! I'm see ya tomorrow then! Good night💙

Shadow saw the heart and blushed. 'Should I send one back? I'm not sure.' Shadow thought and debated. He sighed and typed again.

Sh: Night🖤

Shadow put his phone away and walked to his room. He changed into his night clothes and crawled into bed. For some reason, he couldn't stop thinking about the heart in Sonic's message.

He thought about everything that happened today. And then only one thing came to mind as an answer.

'Was all of this a date?'