10

Sonic made it back to his house, everyone stared at him and his vomit stain. He still had his tear stained face. Amy walked up to him.

Amy took one of Sonic's arm. "Come on Sonic, I'll help you pick out something to wear. I'm sorry that you got puked on by that...hedgehog." Amy said.

Sonic yanked his arm away from Amy. "That hedgehog's name is Shadow. And he didn't mean to. Someone spiked his drink and he blamed me for it." Sonic spat as he gripped the envelope in his hand.

"Sonic, are you okay? Why do you care about what he thinks. He's nothing to you."

That pushed him over the edge. "Get out of here. Tell everyone to leave! Parties over!" Sonic exclaimed.

Knuckles and Tails walked over a little worried.

"Is something wrong Sonic? Your not acting like yourself." Tails asked concerned.

"No I'm not! I was making progress with Shadow! He was becoming my friend! And someone spiked his drink and he blamed me! So of course I'm not acting like myself! I'm pissed off!" Sonic yelled.

"You need to cool down Sonic! It was just a prank!" Knuckles said.

Sonic's eyes widened in anger and then he grit his teeth. "It was you?" He seethed in anger.

"It was payback for everything he did-"

Sonic punched Knuckles in the face. It knocked him to the ground. "GET OUT OF HERE!" He screamed at Knuckles.

He turned to the crowd that was forming around them. "PARTY'S OVER! EVERYBODY OUT!" He shouted.

Everyone started leaving and Tails helped Knuckles up. They left after everyone else. Amy stayed.

Sonic started breathing heavily. He gripped the envelope in his hand once more. He felt tears gathering in his eyes.

"Sonic-"

"I said get out! Now!" Sonic yelled.

"Sonic please, I love you and I hate to see-"

"Well I don't love you! Not in the way you want! And I never will! Now leave!"

Amy started to tear up. "That's not true. I know it's not. You're just-"

"I'M GAY AMY! I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU THE WAY I LOVE SHADOW!"

Amy froze.

Sonic realized what he said and put a hand over his mouth. He looked at Amy and ran into his room.

Amy stood there in shock. Then she broke down crying. She eventually ran out of Sonic's house crying as she slammed the door behind her.

(With Sonic)

Sonic had slammed his bedroom door shut and locked it behind him. He slid down the door as tears ran down his face.

He looked at the envelope Shadow had left behind. 'Am I really in love with Shadow?' He thought as he opened the envelope. He started to read:

Dear Sonic,
I know this isn't exactly the best present you've ever received but I honestly didn't know what else to do. So here you go. Sonic, I wanted to thank you for everything you've done to help me come out of my shell. Even though it was just one day, it was the most fun I've had in a very long time. It might have taken me awhile, but I think I'm ready to start actually trusting someone again. And I've decided to open up to you. Like I said, this probably isn't the best gift in the world, but my gift to you is my friendship and my trust. I'm hoping that you will accept me for who I am and also I hope that we'll be friends for a long time. Happy Birthday.
Sincerely, Shadow🖤

Tears started dripping onto the paper. Sonic pressed the piece of paper to his aching chest. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Shadow..." He wiped.

'I do love you...so much...'