11

(The next morning)

Shadow's eyes started to crack open. A painful groan escaped his lips. He placed a hand on his stomach and rubbed it.

His throat burned from all the vomiting. He coughed and groaned.

He sat up and looked around. His room was filled with more booze bottles and saw his razor blade on his bedside drawer, covered in dried blood.

Shadow glanced at his wrists and forearms and saw so many new cuts.

The events of the night before started flooding into his mind. 'How could I ever think he could be my friend? I'm such an idiot.' Shadow thought.

Shadow slowly and painfully moved to the edge of his bed. His eyes spotted his phone and picked it up.

30 unread messages

5 missed calls

He unlocked his phone and saw they were all from Sonic. His grip on his phone tightened in sadden anger. But Shadow saw another notification. A news notification? Shadow opened it and it opened an article and video. He played the video.

As the video began to play, Shadow's eyes widened. It was a video of him puking all over Sonic! He exited out of the video and started to read the article.

"Sonic the hedgehog's Birthday bash quickly took a turn for the worst when the hero's enemy Shadow the hedgehog crashed the party and soiled Sonic's good time with his stomach content."

Tears of embarrassment and sadness welled up in Shadow's eyes as he looked at the views count.

10,000,000 views

Shadow dreaded it, but he scrolled done to the comments.

"What a loser!"

"Stay out of other people's lives freak!"

"Leave our hero alone! Get a life!"

"Go kill yourself Shadow!"

"No one wants you alive anyway!"

The comments kept getting worse. Tears were already pouring out of his ruby eyes. He gripped his phone and threw it at the door. Shadow started to start violently.

'I-I can't do this anymore....no more...' Shadow thought as he gripped his head quills in despair.

One thought, one sentence, one comment was on his mind. And one statement wouldn't leave him alone.

Kill yourself

Shadow shakily stood up and walked to his desk. He pulled out a sheet of paper and pencil.

(With Sonic)

A tired groan left Sonic's mouth as he sat up from his bed. He gripped his forehead as it pulsed in pain.

Sonic glanced down and saw Shadow's letter to him. He picked it up and rubbed his face. He grabbed his phone and saw Shadow didn't respond to any of his messages or called him.

"Come on Shadow. Please." Sonic said to himself. He pressed call on Shadow's number.

(With Shadow)

Endless

The pain seemed endless to Shadow.

His tears would not stop flowing as he finished his writing.

Suddenly his ears perked up as he heard his phone ring. His eyes peered at the device by the door. He hesitatingly stood up and walked toward it. He saw Sonic's caller ID.

His shaking hand grasped the phone. He hit answer.