31

(30 minutes later)

Dr. Murphy finally came back into the room with a violet female mouse in a white coat.

"Sorry for the wait. I'd like to introduce you all to Dr. Glass. She is one of our best psychiatrists in the hospital." Murphy said as he motioned to the female mouse.

"Nice to meet you all." She greeted.

"No offense, she seems really nice, but is there a reason she's here?" Rouge asked.

"Yes, she will be Shadow's psychiatrist." Murphy replied.

Shadow started to get really worried. But Sonic gripped his hand.

"Does this mean you're sending him to the psych ward?" Sonic asked.

"Actually no, you two have had a very positive outcome with Shadow. Compared to where he was a month ago, it's a whole world of a difference." Murphy answered.

Shadow's nerves calmed as a smiled appeared on his face. Sonic and Rouge smiled as well as they succeeded in protecting Shadow.

"But, the reason why I brought Dr. Glass is the goal of keeping Shadow's mental state where he is. He is thriving and we don't want him to take a step backwards. So I'll let Dr. Glass explain." Dr. Murphy spoke.

"Shadow, I took a look at your case and the work you've done with your friends. Congratulations for your improvement in such a short time. But what I want to do is make sure that your improvement doesn't go away." Dr. Glass explained.

"And How would you do that?" Shadow asked.

"I am proposing that you meet with me here once a week for the next two months. This way I can check to see how you are mentally and help with any problems you may have. How does that sound?" Dr. Glass asked.

"I guess I don't see anything wrong with it. And if you think I need to meet with you to stay the way I am then yes." Shadow replied.

"Fantastic, I'll give you my card for you have my number. Call me later today to start scheduling your sessions." Dr. Glass spoke as she gave Shadow her card.

Shadow took it and nodded.

"Unless you have any questions for us, you are all free to go." Murphy said.

"Thank you for your time." Shadow said.

"You are welcome, I wish you luck with your recovery." Murphy replies as he walked out of the room with Dr. Glass.

The three Mobians finally celebrated there work. They hugged tightly with big smiles on their faces.

"This calls for a drink at my house." Sonic said as he let go of there group hug.

"That sounds perfect after today." Rouge chuckled.

Shadow nodded. "Then let's go home."

(7 hours later)

It was 8pm at Sonic's house. The three Mobians were sitting on Sonic's couch after they had just finished a movie. Sonic and Shadow were a little drunk while Rouge was sober enough to drive.

"Well I better head out, it's getting late. And I still have some work I need to get done before bed." Rouge said and hugged Shadow. "Goodnight and I'm still so proud of you." Rouge spoke to Shadow.

She waved by to the drunk hedgehogs and left.

Sonic and Shadow had a drunk blush on their faces. They started to make out, but they were sober enough to still think.